Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array Quixote PC Specs
    Quixote PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VII Formula
    Processori7 4790K
    Memory (part number)Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR3 1600 PC3-12800) UDIMM Memory BLT4KIT8G3D1608DT1TX0
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti ACX SC+ ACX 2.0+ Graphics Card with Backplate 06G-P4-4995-KR
    MonitorLG LED TV/Monitor
    Storage #1Crucial MX200 250GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
    Storage #2Crucial MX200 500GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series™ H115i 280mm
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i PSU
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LED
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 64-bit
    Accessory #1 ROG Front Base Panel
    Accessory #2 NZXT IU01 Internal USB Expansion

OK. Thank you. You're great, Nate. Have a good week. Talk to you soon.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Sure, thank you it was nice to meet you and welcome to the ROG forum !

Hope to see you in the build advice section.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array nircc's Avatar

Hey
    Good luck with your build Quixote
    i must tell that i dont see the need in going AIO when you can have the Noctua that runs cooler/quieter
    beside better looking system you get Noise/good temps but not the best and the risk 1 day your computer will die because the AIO :P

Nate-im thinking about buying a win8.1 pro code online - do you know cheap place to ordeR?
    id also like to know if theres any way i can make my new sandisk disk on key bootable with HirensCD and also make it possible to install Window 7/8 with it
    but also use it for files backup ?

and it is a pleasure speaking with you Nate your very nice and helpful and i thank you for that! : )

Nate152 PC Specs
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Mouse Razer Basilisk

Hey thanks it's nice and fun meeting new people on the ROG forum !

Windows pro key, it seems legit but you can contact them if you like just to confirm, you can ask them if it's possible to install windows that way.

http://buywindowskey.com/product/win...l-product-key/

What you're asking about the sandisk key bootable with HirensCD I can't answer, I never installed windows like that, I just use the windows cd booted from the optical drive.

You asked about overclocking, we'll see how well the Noctua stacks up against the h100i. Temperature controls how far you can overclock your cpu so the better the cooling the further you can overclock. Depends if you win the cpu lottery too, not all cpu's are created equal and some will need more voltage than others for the same speed. The devil's canyon cpu's do run hot, I'd like to see you hit 4.9GHz when the time comes.

Contact the people on that site and ask them if you can install windows the way you want to.

I see you can upgrade to windows 10 for free if you do it within one year of windows 10's release date which is july 29th. But I'm not 100% sure if you need a genuine copy or just the key or what, you could get the windows cd, it comes with a key and install it from an optical drive if you got one for your build. if you didn't they're cheap , you can get an asus optical drive for 20.00 us dollars.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/28732...d-8-users.html

This optical drive looks like a good deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Internal-Optic...+optical+drive

Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post

Windows pro key, it seems legit but you can contact them if you like just to confirm, you can ask them if it's possible to install windows that way.

What you're asking about the sandisk key bootable with HirensCD I can't answer, I never installed windows like that, I just use the windows cd booted from the optical drive.

You asked about overclocking, we'll see how well the Noctua stacks up against the h100i. Temperature controls how far you can overclock your cpu so the better the cooling the further you can overclock. Depends if you win the cpu lottery too, not all cpu's are created equal and some will need more voltage than others for the same speed. The devil's canyon cpu's do run hot, I'd like to see you hit 4.9GHz when the time comes.

Contact the people on that site and ask them if you can install windows the way you want to.

I see you can upgrade to windows 10 for free if you do it within one year of windows 10's release date which is july 29th. But I'm not 100% sure if you need a genuine copy or just the key or what, you could get the windows cd, it comes with a key and install it from an optical drive if you got one for your build. if you didn't they're cheap , you can get an asus optical drive for 20.00 us dollars.

Hey ,thanks.
    i did ordered an asus optical drive already
    I will check that website it so cheap

For the oc i really hope i will get lucky in the cpu lottery
    4.9ghz sounds impossible
    i was thinking about 4.5ghz :₪
    hope to get the parts soon i can wait grrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post

Hey i have few more questions :P
    the store already got the monitor and i think im getting more parts around sunday/monday to my house...only component that going to delay things abit may be the GPU.
    anyway!

i want to download the latest drivers to my brand new Disk on key to make sure after the OS is up i can plug it and update all drivers fast
    i will download latest drivers for the vii hero . should i also download the latest bios aswell?im not sure if the board im getting is with latest bios and i dont know if its worth updating the bios.

also id like to know if theres any kind of drivers / frimwares i need to download for the PG278Q and the 850 EVO 1TB aswell ?

i already downloading win7/8,1 and get ready with that but drivers also important

thanks!

Nate152 PC Specs
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Mouse Razer Basilisk

You shouldn't have to download anything for the monitor but you can check in the manual just to be sure.

I'm not sure what you mean by downloading to your disk on key. I just go here at the link below to download the latest motherboard drivers, some are optional and I would only install what you need.

http://support.asus.com/download/Opt...uage=en&type=1

It's only recommended to update the bios if you're having problems or compatibility issues so if everything is fine when you start it up there is no need to update the bios.

The Samsung ssd's come with the magician software, I'm sure it will have a small manual or some instructions with it.

You can still put it together and use the on board graphics until your 980ti comes.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array 1ceTr0n's Avatar

The gigabyte is getting good revies and after being dissapointed with my oveclocking capibility with my STRIX 980, I might jump camp this time.

Last edited by 1ceTr0n; 06-18-2015 at 08:47 PM.

Nate152 PC Specs
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Mouse Razer Basilisk

Hmm sorry to hear you say that IceTr0n, maybe you should have gone with the matrix 980? I posted this earlier in the the thread.

The strix 980ti III

http://wccftech.com/asus-unveils-gtx...assive-design/

ROG Enthusiast Array Quixote PC Specs
    Quixote PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VII Formula
    Processori7 4790K
    Memory (part number)Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR3 1600 PC3-12800) UDIMM Memory BLT4KIT8G3D1608DT1TX0
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti ACX SC+ ACX 2.0+ Graphics Card with Backplate 06G-P4-4995-KR
    MonitorLG LED TV/Monitor
    Storage #1Crucial MX200 250GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
    Storage #2Crucial MX200 500GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series™ H115i 280mm
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i PSU
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LED
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 64-bit
    Accessory #1 ROG Front Base Panel
    Accessory #2 NZXT IU01 Internal USB Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by nircc View Post
    Hey
    Good luck with your build Quixote
    i must tell that i dont see the need in going AIO when you can have the Noctua that runs cooler/quieter
    beside better looking system you get Noise/good temps but not the best and the risk 1 day your computer will die because the AIO :P

Nate-im thinking about buying a win8.1 pro code online - do you know cheap place to ordeR?
    id also like to know if theres any way i can make my new sandisk disk on key bootable with HirensCD and also make it possible to install Window 7/8 with it
    but also use it for files backup ?

and it is a pleasure speaking with you Nate your very nice and helpful and i thank you for that! : )
    Hi Nircc,

Thanks for your input about the cooling system. I was thinking about using the Corsair Hydros Series H105 (http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=26594). You don't think that's a good idea? Do you think they are more prone to leaking or something? Sorry. I don't know much about cooling systems, but I was told that was a decent one (the H105).

Also, I am trying to understand exactly what you were asking about the HirensCD issue. I recently used RUFUS to make a bootable flash drive for Windows 8.1. I successfully installed it without a problem. I believe it required that the entire flash drive be empty of any other files, and I think creating a flash drive that has a Hirens ISO would require the same thing. In other words, you'd probably have to have two separate flash drives, one with Hirens and one with WIndows. However, I'm not sure if I'm completely correct about that, or how or if this applies to your situation regarding Hirens. The website says that making a Hirens ISO will erase whatever flash drive you have beforehand: http://www.hirensbootcd.org/usb-booting/
    Last edited by Quixote; 06-19-2015 at 04:34 AM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast