cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my G55VW suck/ what's wrong with my computer?

Dandt777
Level 7
So, I first had a G53. The charging pin broke 2 or 3 times, and someone awesome from ASUS replaced it with a G55VW, awesome!
Welp not too long after getting it the CPU died, but someone helpful at ASUS replaced it even though I didn't contact them until after the warranty ran out since I had just received it.
Great! Now it should work wonderfully! Nope.
I've just put up with it honestly for almost 2 years because I just didn't want to deal with it, but it is SO slow and unreliable.
Really, my cheapo work laptop that was built ages ago is more consistent. And the g53 was WAY faster.
Now, to be fair, it sometimes gets pretty decent performances in games, sometimes. However, normal day to day usage seems almost impossible sometimes. I've recovered it to the recovery partition hoping that would help. Nope.
It's not the wifi or anything like that, I get fine wifi connections, even if the browser frequently crashes. Not a virus either.
Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong my computer?
3 REPLIES 3

Clintlgm
Level 14
I would try a clean install get an Iso here Download all the latest hardware drivers here Asus Support downloads
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Dandt777
Level 7
Tried all that already. 😕

Clintlgm
Level 14
What are your Temps running. You can use Hwinfor64 sensors to log your Load Temps and Fan speeds. If your getting hot enough to throttle that would explain the slow down?
After an Clean install of the OS and chipset drivers IRST drivers IME and other hardware drivers at what point in the new install do the issues start to return?
If the issues don't go away with a clean install with only OS and hardware drivers it probably a hardware issue since you have eliminated any software issues.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro