cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable onboard sound device?

wasteofpaint
Level 7
Hello -
I am trying to access the BIOS to disable the onboard sound device.

Upon bootup i press F2, and it brings me into "Aptio Setup Utility"

I don't feel like this is the BIOS, and I dont see any options to disable the onboard sound device.

The reason i need to disable the device is I recently bought a Creative Tactic3D Rage USB 2.0 headset, and it produces nothing but silence. I even RMA'd it and got a brand new one, and it is still giving me the same problems, so i think it is an issue with the onboard sound device on my computer.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have been working on this for months to try to get this pair of headphones to work.
10 REPLIES 10

mundiri
Level 7
Use ,,delete" on keyboard to enter bios...
If u have sound card then just plug headphones in it, if u dont have sound card (and u use the one that motherboard have u cant disable onboard sound device)

When i pressed delete (i tried the delete button on the numpad and the one that says "delete insert") and it did not bring up the BIOS.

wasteofpaint
Level 7
Is there a way to disable the onboard sound device in Aptio Setup Utility?

wasteofpaint wrote:
Is there a way to disable the onboard sound device in Aptio Setup Utility?

Just select the default sound card in Control Panel, no need to disable anything.
G750JW-T4041H | i7-4700HQ | 1 x 1TB Crucial M550 SSD | 2 x Samsung 2TB HDD | 32GB Crucial Ram.

wasteofpaint
Level 7
Hello, thank you for your reply. I did indeed select the default sound card in control panel and i am still experiencing issues with this gaming headset.
The problem stems from this post here: http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=712056
If any of you have any other suggestions regarding this problem your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

OK then try disabling the onboard audio within "Sound" in control Panel.
G750JW-T4041H | i7-4700HQ | 1 x 1TB Crucial M550 SSD | 2 x Samsung 2TB HDD | 32GB Crucial Ram.

mundiri
Level 7
Is your headset set as default playback device???
Btw, try other keys for bios f12, f1, etc, check on google key for bios for your motherboard....

Yes, my headset is set as default playback device.

mundiri
Level 7
duuno what it can, i am having problems with my sound too, cant get 5.1 to work on Asus VII ranger...
is your input set to headphones, dunno how much i can help, cause i cant look at problem...