cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water damage Asus G75vw, Monitor or Mobo ? Vote Please

Richaard_Finlan
Level 7
Ok so I left my bag in the rain and my Asus G75VW got messed up a bit.. it was a bit damp on the sides and it would first cut on and then off after a few mins.. then less and less

So I left it alone for a while would come back , opened it up to let it air our a bit and after a day or so it ( it wasn't that wet anyways) Now there are some bitty water damage marks in the monitor) but the laptop itself would cut on and off still, but then I realized it was just the MONITOR because the light for the Hdd, Power Battery, Caps Lock but the monitor now just cuts off after 10 secs.

So what I was gonna do was replace the mobo next week, but I realized it still boots up fine just the lcd cuts off because when I plugged into a vga monitor.. it stays on ( so far 20 mins longest time), so I am asking you think that MOBO is damaged orr just the LCD?

and why or your reason ?

need to make a move on ebay soon.
ASUS G75VW-BHI7N07
Intel Core i7 3630QM
GeForce GTX 660m 2GB
14GB Memory DDR3
1TB Samsuing HDD + 750GB WD Scorpio
17.3" Full HD LED Backlit TFT LCD
Windows 8.1 PRO 😮 | Kali Linux 64-bit
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
If it works with an external display then it sounds like most likely the panel and/or inverter. Motherboard damage wouldn't explain this.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

tkolarik
Level 9
I would cut my losses at this point and sell it as a parts unit on ebay and get something else. If meaning the monitor turns off but via the hdmi cable external monitor continues, I might think about replacing the mother board. If the computer turns off or if the internal and external monitor cut off after 20 minutes, I feel you would be better off cutting your losses.

Retired
Not applicable
My laptop Asus rog dont boot bios ,Black screen, what to do ?

ll_r1d0_ll
Level 7
first of all remove each and everything from ur motherboard and then clean it with PETROL or alcohol and let it dry for 20-30 minutes and clean other components like processor , vga , ram , lcd ribbon connector and other components that were attached with ur motherboard and see if there is any sign of survival !