cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG logo is blinking, but nothing more

Lucrian
Level 7
Hello,

I've just bought a new motherboard Rampage V Extreme (X99) and after I've assembled the components and connect the power, the ROG logo start blinking (nothing more). I've pressed Start button both from case and motherboard, but no reaction.
I've reinstalled (start over) a part of components, but nothing more happened. Same problem.

What I'm using now as minimum configuration to start:
MB: Asus RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1, Socket 2011-v3 , rev 1.1
CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K, 3.50GHz, Haswell, 15MB, Socket 2011-V3
Cooler: Thermaltake NIC C5
Video: Gigabyte NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970 G1 GAMING (connected and not connected with power cable from PSU)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Predator Black 32GB Kit 4x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 (just 1 module inserted)
PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE 630W

Other components were connected:
SSD Samsung 850 PRO Basic, 2.5", 256GB
Memory Kingston HyperX Predator Black 32GB Kit 4x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 (all memory modules)
Case Thermaltake Core V51 Windowed
3 Thermaltake coolers from case

All components are new. The PSU was tested on another system and is working.

Please help! 🙂
17 REPLIES 17

Chino
Level 15

Lucrian
Level 7
Yes, it is connected at 8pin power connecter.
Also is not connected at 4 pin power connector (because PSU don't provide another cable for it.
However I've split the 8 pin power connecter in 2 parts (default it is joined by clips, and I remove the clips) and connect the PSU at 4 pin power connecter, but same result.

Chino
Level 15
Remove your motherboard from the case and put it on top of the cardboard box that it came in. Then remove your CPU and cooler. Proceed to examine the CPU socket for any bent or missing pins. If none are found, reinstall your CPU and cooler making sure you don't overtighten the mounting screws.

Test your system and report back your results.

Lucrian
Level 7
I've disconnected videocard and cpu fan, but I expected to start PSU fan and some leds
I've do it out of the case, pressed start button from motherboard, but no change.
Is any of them a must to start?

Currently at motherboard is connected only CPU, PSU and 1 memory installed.
I will came with a picture soon

---

Foto: 49753

Lucrian
Level 7
I've added videocard too, and got same result.

Chino
Level 15
First, did you inspect the CPU socket for any bent or missing pins? And secondly, please install your heatsink when testing your system so you don't fry your CPU. I hope you didn't try to fire up your system without the heatsink like in your photo.

Lucrian
Level 7
I put the sink when I start the system, but I get it down when I get the motherboard off the case because videocard was hardly accessible (to unblock the slot).

I've put 2 more photos (from different sides) with the CPU socket:

The socket looks fine, the CPU also looks fine.

Chino
Level 15

Lucrian
Level 7
Hi,
I put another PSU, but with lower wattage (450W) and with 4 pin CPU connector only. With this PSU, when I turn on the switch of the PSU, the ROG logo had turned on and stayed on (not blinking). Nothing else happened when I press start from motherboard.
Unfortunately I can't borrow a PSU with higher wattage.