Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Power solves this stubborn problem

Can't tell you 'why' this happens, but it appears to be related to ACPI standby modes and/or hibenation. I can always tell I have that darm USB error, when my boot time on the UEFI logo adds any extra 10 to 15 seconds. By cutting off power to the motherboard for at least 1 minutes, the problem seems to clear.

Regards,

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Grymmie View Post
    Can't tell you 'why' this happens, but it appears to be related to ACPI standby modes and/or hibenation. I can always tell I have that darm USB error, when my boot time on the UEFI logo adds any extra 10 to 15 seconds. By cutting off power to the motherboard for at least 1 minutes, the problem seems to clear.

Regards,
    I have the same problem, and it looks it is quite common. Thanks for the "power" tip, because I was resetting the BIOS all the time. That also solved the problem for me, but then I had to load again all my customized BIOS settings.

This USB issue is clearly a manufacturing/design problem. When is ASUS going to solve it??

Is it fixable via software witha a BIOS upgrade or do we need an RMA and get a MB that (if lucky) is not faulty)??

ROG Enthusiast Array

usb problem...

hello
    i olso have a usb3.0 not working but all ok
    just go to bios n go to
    -usb configuration-usb 2.0 - from pch to nec
    very ezy

greetings ROG1

ROG Member Array

Hey

i did have the same problem first, was very shocked. i tried so many things and got it to work. First i resseted my bios. Downloaded the latest drivers from http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...emeZ/#download
    I got Haf X aswell. my Ports is working atm but i got another problem is that my sound is brushing very high in my headphones >< also every time i start windows up my keyboard and mouse blink i still think there is something worng with the usb ports 3,0 or it's my motherboard that is screwed. Also check u case if there is any cables unstable in u motherboard.

Fix is here (maybe)

Folks,

I have followed this thread for a lil bit now, and have been suffering from the same USB problems). Then I found this thread:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...s-amp-firmware

Not the easiest to follow, but if you do, it seems to have solved my issues. That is until something else happens down the road.

Another suggestion is to take alook at your true USB 3.0 devices, and segregate them on a seperate USB 3 controller than other USB 2 devices. That has also kept my USB 3 tranfer speeds up, while limiting my USB troubles.

Regards,

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Thanks Grymmie always good to have people remind us where the fix for issues can be found. I will be using the best of the threads to put together a FAQ of problem solving at some time or other and will include the stuff from the link you posted.

Again thanks and cheers mate.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array RoG's Avatar

Also had probs with my usb3.0 ports frome my case (bitfenix), while connecting with my mobo (corshair Formula IV extreme). But when searching on google, i found some interesting pics, to get the case ports working, after attaching the usb cable from the case on the usb 3.0 on the mobo...So i can use the ports now & everythings working, but not correctly, beceause when i want to shut down, the case won't shut down normaly & he keeps giving me the led lighting Sow after reinstalling the drivers (directly asus site!!) & search further, there isn't any explanation for this! So i guess, it's still all to new & not standard tu use yet! Also i don't use the prots fore usb "3.0", but exspecialy for having more usb ports! The 3.0 devices are expensive at the point, seeing it as a gadget now... Will see in the future to get my some 3.0 stick, to enjoy the difference

ROG Member Array

already tryed that new firmware but not working, will prob send my back next week this time i blame asus!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array digmeahole's Avatar

did you also try the new drivers i listed? http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...-amp-firmware&
    Last edited by digmeahole; 01-22-2012 at 12:18 AM.
    "Those who are willing to give up freedom for security deserve neither"
    Ben Franklin

Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
    Intel I7-2700K OC to 4.7 @ 1.330 volts
    2X EVGA 660TI SLI
    G.Skill Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD. Raid 0. 1 500gb WD VelociRaptor
    Antec Gamers edition Bronze rated PSU 750 Watts
    Corsair H80 Closed loop CPU cooler
    Dragon Test Bench Case

New ROGer Array

Thanks ROG1

I have the Asus Maximus IV Extreme-z (Z68) and I have having the exact same issues, I followed what ROG1 stated, and the issue was resolved for me, quick and easy fix!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast