cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS IV EXTREME P67 USB 3.0 Ports Not Working

Retired
Not applicable
Hi Guys,

I've just recently (2 days ago) built my new machine using the mobo mentioned in the title and have just realised that 4 of the 3.0 slots do not function. the 4 nearest to the PS/2 connections.

I have tried updating the bios, chipset and have reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) but it still persists.

I have a Haf X with 4 ports on the front that work fine so could that be why? my friend tells me that it shouldn't affect the mobo USB slots so i'm a bit worried.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James
86 REPLIES 86

Raja
Level 13
Have you installed the USB 3.0 drivers from the installation disc?

Retired
Not applicable
Hi Raja,

Yes I have, I've also tried the drivers on the support site for the mobo. The lowest four 3.0 slots work perfectly but I get nothing from the top four still.

broncogr
Level 10
My haf-x only works if I plug the 2 USB3 ports in the back usb using loopthrough.
If I use the motherboard USB3 header, the Haf-x usb3 front ports work with usb2 devices but are extremly unstable with USB3.
I have a maximus iv extreme z
I have concluded that either the Haf-x usb3 internal header and the motherboard internal header are not compatible.
Or that the usb3 header in my extreme z motherboard is bad...

Retired
Not applicable
I'm currently at work at the moment but i'm going to have a proper look later. Would attaching the Haf x ports (4 I have) to the mobo header disable ports at the back of the mobo? I didn't think it would affect it but it might be the case as I have 4 working on the front of my haf x and four not working round the back.

I'm really hoping i'm missing something as I really don't want to dismantle this rig to replace the mobo as I have very little time to use the machine as it is currently.

broncogr
Level 10
Haf x has 2 usb2 ports via internal header and 2 usb3 ports either via internal header or via loopthrough.
my usb2 ports work fine.
My usb3 ports when on mb header dont work right. That is they work badly with a usb3 hard disk I have having it swith on and off continiously but they work fine with usb2 devices.
The usb3 ports also work fine when plugged to the back with a loopthrough.
Regardless my back usb3 ports always work fine.
Remind you I have a z

Zolutar
Level 7
I found this problem cropped up after my last Bios update. I managed to get them workin again after a driver uninstall, full power down (and unplugged, mb discharged)

however now the ports initialize but still dont work properly.
I hope asus is on it, but I am almost positive the update to 902 buggered the ports as they worked perfectly fine before.

Retired
Not applicable
I've managed to fix the problem by powering down and resetting the cmos. the problem is an unknown device in device manager which reappears after a while, even once the fix has been applied. The ports that don't work switch as well as earlier 2 didn't work rather than 4. Can someone at Asus get back to me and tlel me whether they have a permenant fix for this? I dont really want to send my mobo back.

Thanks

Retired
Not applicable
Can anyone tell me how to remove this unknown device or where to find drivers for it? It's the only thing I can see that could be causing this problem!

Asus? Anyone? I'm sure I cant be the first to have this issue as i've seen a few other posts on google.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

у меня та же проблема детально описанная в этом посте
хотелось бы услышать от инженеров компанинии асус обяснение
и что делать

Edit This is a English forum please use google translate if you get stuck.

I have the same problem as described in detail in this post
I would like to hear from engineers kompaninii ADR explanation
and what to do