Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

jean ppestom

Quote Originally Posted by puma99dk| View Post
    jcenzano it's not Asus making the firmware updates for the NEC uPD720200 (USB 3.0) Chips it's NEC but aparently Asus should had maybe an options in the bios so u should disable one to be able to update the firmware since NEC's problem can't do it with 2 chips on the same device.
    Either way ASUS should DO something, because with the actual state of things, we can not upgrade the firmware of those little thingies.

Anyway, I have installed (as suggested by RenesisR on post #21) Renesa USB3.0 driver 2.1.28.0 and it looks like it has greatly increased the stability of my USB ports. Or mayby it is only placebo effect.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jcenzano View Post
    Either way ASUS should DO something, because with the actual state of things, we can not upgrade the firmware of those little thingies.

Anyway, I have installed (as suggested by RenesisR on post #21) Renesa USB3.0 driver 2.1.28.0 and it looks like it has greatly increased the stability of my USB ports. Or mayby it is only placebo effect.
    I can confirm that RENESA USB3.0 driver 2.1.28.0 does not fix the stability of USB 3.0 ports.
    SilverStone Fortress FT02 LimitedEdition Red
    Asus Maximux IV Extreme P67 B3, i7 2600K "3101A359" @ 4.80Ghz ; Corsair HydroSeries H80 + 2x Nidec GT 1850rpm
    G.Skill DDR3 2x4Gb RipJawsX 2133 (9-11-9-28 T1; 1,65v)
    SLi 2x eVGA GeForce GTX570 SC+ Backplate
    SilverStone Strider Gold 1200W
    SSD: OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 PCIe 240Gb; HDD: Western Digital VelociRaptor 300Gb Sata300; Seagate Barracuda Green ST2000DL003 5900rpm 2TB Sata600 ; Raid1: 2x Seagate ST31000524AS 1 TB Sata600

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by RenesisR View Post
    I tried that fix, it does not work for everyone. I have finally found the culprit and the solution to this. Your USB3.0 port will fail to work whenever the device you connected to is drawing too much power (eg. you are using it as multiple hub connecting to more than one USB device)
    You need to download the lastest Renesa USB3.0 driver 2.1.28.0 which would inform you to reset the USB 3.0 port for it to continue working or u will get the unknown device error.

If installing the new driver does not work for you, then you need to perform the below:
    1) Connect your keyboard and mouse to a USB 2.0 port (should be your front port or your optional port)
    2) Remove all devices connected to your USB 3.0 ports
    3) Uninstall the USB 3.0 driver but do not delete it
    4) Shut down your PC and press the Clear CMOS button for 10 sec at the back of your mother board
    5) Restart your PC and your USB 3.0 drivers should install itself at startup
    6) Make sure that you do not over exceed the USB 3.0 port supported power supply, but if you do driver 2.1.28.0 will inform you
    7) Let me know if it works for you

Thanks
    Hi
    I have tryed your way with no joy.
    You are right you do need to clear your bios the only way it worked with me was the old fashioned way with the jumpers on the motherboard and that did the job.
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction to sort this problem out it was doing my head in lol

ROG Enthusiast Array

homes annhan

Hello community,

first of all, I am bumping this post.

1: Do we have any updates from Asus? I too suffer from the same issue. I've updated firmware and drivers and the problem seems to have disappeared. Only tested for a day though. I am curious to see if it is going to appear later.

2: Are all M4Es and M4EZs affected? or just a few of them do you think?

3: Really frustrating to buy a 300£ mobo and have such a basic problem....

ROG Member Array

Worked for me

http://www.ajperysian.com/2011/12/10...b-not-working/

I have bios 1040

//
    1. Attach your keyboard mouse to the USB ports on the face of the board (i.e. the place where you plug in your case’s front usb ports, attach your stuff there. Also you can use the extension that comes with the board).
    2. Uninstall your 3.0 USB software. Do this by going into device manager, scrolling to the bottom and expanding the tree labeled Universal Serial Bus controllers. right click and disable then uninstall each driver labeled USB 3.0
    3. Shutdown
    4. Unplug everything from rear panel USB, have nothing attached to the rear panel USB ports.
    5. Press and hold the CMOS button on the rear panel for 10 seconds to reset the BIOS (your computer should be off)
    6. Power on the computer with a fresh BIOS (you can go into the BIOS to save the fresh one if you want)
    7. Start up everything (no USB on rear panel yet)
    8. Install the software FROM THE ASUS SITE
    9. After installation you can now plug things into the rear panel
    10. Problem fixed!
    //

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Guys any third party propriety ( licensed) component is sort of out of ASUS's hands I would guess. It is very frustrating I totally agree and in a perfect world should not be the case. I do hope that a fix is provided soon for all. I have similar stuff happening with my system too.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array boyka's Avatar

I also had these problems with the usb's on my Maximus IV Extreme Z and after trying several solutions
    mentioned here, the only way to solve the problem was turning off the computer, unplug the power supply
    and wait about 60 seconds.
    After doing these, the computer seems to have solved the problem of usb's.
    One week has passed and I had no problems, not sure if permanently or just temporarily but I'm curious
    to know if it will happen again!
    I hope that ASUS make a correction quickly, because many people complained about the same problem.
    Best regards mates.
    Last edited by boyka; 03-22-2012 at 02:53 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by boyka View Post
    I also had these problems with the usb's on my Maximus IV Extreme Z and after trying several solutions
    mentioned here, the only way to solve the problem was turning off the computer, unplug the power supply
    and wait about 60 seconds.
    After doing these, the computer seems to have solved the problem of usb's.
    One week has passed and I had no problems, not sure if permanently or just temporarily but I'm curious
    to know if it will happen again!
    I hope that ASUS make a correction quickly, because many people complained about the same problem.
    Best regards mates.

I can confirm that the USB 3.0 firmware flash/driver update combo does not solve the problem. I have tried it, but after a week the problem came back. The only solution is the one mentioned by boyka. Does anyone know if the new extreme-z bios (3203 or something) solves the problem? I hope asus solves the problem soon. It is unacceptable to get such a basic problem on a £300 mobo!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array boyka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kittendoggie View Post
    I can confirm that the USB 3.0 firmware flash/driver update combo does not solve the problem. I have tried it, but after a week the problem came back. The only solution is the one mentioned by boyka. Does anyone know if the new extreme-z bios (3203 or something) solves the problem? I hope asus solves the problem soon. It is unacceptable to get such a basic problem on a £300 mobo!
    I also did the firmware update and it seemed to have solved the problem but after a few days the problem came back, the only solution I solved the problem was to do the steps I said in previous post and I had no more problems with usb's so far!
    Do not advise you to install the 3203 bios because it has some bugs, and will not solve the problem of usb's, I also tried the 3203 bios but I got back to 1004 (the version that I find more stable!)
    Regards mate!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by boyka View Post
    I also did the firmware update and it seemed to have solved the problem but after a few days the problem came back, the only solution I solved the problem was to do the steps I said in previous post and I had no more problems with usb's so far!
    Do not advise you to install the 3203 bios because it has some bugs, and will not solve the problem of usb's, I also tried the 3203 bios but I got back to 1004 (the version that I find more stable!)
    Regards mate!
    Thanks. I would really like to know, is it just our motherboards? Or all M4EZ's are faulty with their usbs?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast