Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Possible Solution

This worked for me but your mileage may vary. . .

For all HID-compliant devices allow them to wake the computer.

Steps:
    1) Click START
    2) Right click <Computer>
    3) Select <Manage>
    4) Select <Device Manager>
    5) Select <Human Interface Devices>
    6) Select, 1 at a time, each HID-compliant device
    7) Select <Power Management>
    8) Check <Allow this device to wake the computer>

I had the exact same problem for awhile. I did the above 4 days ago and have not had a single freeze of the mouse or keyboard during that time.

Good luck!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by boyka View Post
    I found new drivers and firmware USB3.0 NEC / Renesas for our Maximus Extreme Z but had no time to install.
    Here is the link: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/...4_extremez.htm
    Attention, if you will install the firmware read this first because you have to run the firmware in compatibility mode for: Windows XP SP2
    http://www.station-drivers.com/forum...p=11158#p11158
    I still do not know if that resolves the problem or not, but I hope so!
    regards friend
    Thanks mate. I just upgraded the firmware. Let's see what happens. Will be reporting back.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array boyka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kittendoggie View Post
    Thanks mate. I just upgraded the firmware. Let's see what happens. Will be reporting back.
    Let me know one thing, the steps are:
    1- uninstall the old drivers
    2- install the new drivers (2.1.28.1)
    3- install the update firmare (3.0.2.8.0.8 & 4.0.1.5.0.2) (in compability mode Windows xp sp2 and no usb's connected to usb 3.0)
    These are the correct steps to follow, you have done this procedure right?
    Regards mate.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Let me know one thing, the steps are:
    1- uninstall the old drivers
    2- install the new drivers (2.1.28.1)
    3- install the update firmare (3.0.2.8.0.8 & 4.0.1.5.0.2) (in compability mode Windows xp sp2 and no usb's connected to usb 3.0)
    These are the correct steps to follow, you have done this procedure right?
    Regards mate.
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but since the upper USB 3.0 ports stop working even in pre-OS environment, i.e. during post, and I get the error message 'no keyboard detected' (as I have connected my keyboard to an upper usb 3 port), I can't see why I need anything else rather than the firmware in order to fix the problem. A windows driver is only responsible for windows problems, not problems that have their real root in firmware/BIOS bugs.

Please let us know what you think.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but since the upper USB 3.0 ports stop working even in pre-OS environment, i.e. during post, and I get the error message 'no keyboard detected' (as I have connected my keyboard to an upper usb 3 port), I can't see why I need anything else rather than the firmware in order to fix the problem. A windows driver is only responsible for windows problems, not problems that have their real root in firmware/BIOS bugs.

Please let us know what you think.
    kittendoggie i do not know how to answer your question, I just advised you in this manner because they
    are the correct steps for a successful installation, i.e. the site of the "station-drivers" they have a version
    of the latest USB3.0 drivers and a firmware update, I think to work in full, we must first install the drivers and
    then install the firmware they have for download.
    I do not know if I just install the firmware solves the problem or not, but I prefer to install the driver and
    then do the firmware update.

Tip: I went to bios and changed the mode usb, from pch for NEC, and then when the computer restarts,
    it automatically installs all the drivers for the usb mode NEC.
    I also installed the USB 2.0 card that comes with our M4EZ, and then connected keyboard and mouse
    to these two ports, and everything seems to work well from three days ago.

ROG Enthusiast Array

kittendoggie i do not know how to answer your question, I just advised you in this manner because they
    are the correct steps for a successful installation, i.e. the site of the "station-drivers" they have a version
    of the latest USB3.0 drivers and a firmware update, I think to work in full, we must first install the drivers and
    then install the firmware they have for download.
    I do not know if I just install the firmware solves the problem or not, but I prefer to install the driver and
    then do the firmware update.

Tip: I went to bios and changed the mode usb, from pch for NEC, and then when the computer restarts,
    it automatically installs all the drivers for the usb mode NEC.
    I also installed the USB 2.0 card that comes with our M4EZ, and then connected keyboard and mouse
    to these two ports, and everything seems to work well from three days ago.
    Thanks for your prompt reply boyka. I switched to NEC from PCH a long time ago and the problem appeared, which indicates that this does not fix the issue.

As for connecting keyboards and mouses on USB 2.0 ports I have a feeling that in this way we just 'ignore' the problem, not really solve it. I do think that all usb ports on such an expensive motherboard should at least work and, if they don't, ASUS should provide us with an update or solution.

I agree with you my friend, but I also have an external disk and a hub connected to USB 3.0, and so far during
    these three days is apparently okay, but as always I think the problem is only temporary and back again,
    if this happens I'll try the suggestion I gave you to update the drivers and firmware and if that does not solve
    the problem, I hope that asus provide a definitive solution, otherwise I have to start thinking seriously about
    sending it to RMA!

ROG Enthusiast Array

I agree with you my friend, but I also have an external disk and a hub connected to USB 3.0, and so far during
    these three days is apparently okay, but as always I think the problem is only temporary and back again,
    if this happens I'll try the suggestion I gave you to update the drivers and firmware and if that does not solve
    the problem, I hope that asus provide a definitive solution, otherwise I have to start thinking seriously about
    sending it to RMA!
    Hmm yes, I'm thinking likewise. But what if all M4EZ motherboards have the same problem? Maybe you will have the same problem with the new motherboard as with the one you RMAed.

I am really wondering, are there Maximus IV extreme and extreme-z owners out there that DO NOT have the USB 3.0 problem?

Hmm yes, I'm thinking likewise. But what if all M4EZ motherboards have the same problem? Maybe you will have the same problem with the new motherboard as with the one you RMAed.

I am really wondering, are there Maximus IV extreme and extreme-z owners out there that DO NOT have the USB 3.0 problem?
    Yes indeed you're right, no one guarantees that after changing the board comes with the same problem
    or not, because I have seen many complaints from the same problem with many other M4EZ, and the
    investment is ungrateful because we have not even support where we clarify our doubts.
    But you, my friend, the firmware solved something, or the problem persists?
    Cheers mate

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yes indeed you're right, no one guarantees that after changing the board comes with the same problem
    or not, because I have seen many complaints from the same problem with many other M4EZ, and the
    investment is ungrateful because we have not even support where we clarify our doubts.
    But you, my friend, the firmware solved something, or the problem persists?
    Cheers mate
    I am not sure yet if the problem is gone with the new firmware. Let's give it a week or so to see. Will be reporting back

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast