cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spare G501 charger?

aldel
Level 7
I'd like to buy a spare AC adapter for my G501. The model number on the included charger is PA-1121-28, so I thought I could find one of those and buy it, but apparently they usually come with a 5.5mm plug, which is bigger than the G501's power socket. I was alerted to this problem by this review on Amazon, and it's supported by several product listings on Newegg that list the connector size.

Where can I find something that will work? I don't insist on it being a genuine Asus part, although I would probably feel better if it was. I'm a bit nervous about using something with a slightly different voltage.
2 REPLIES 2

drntropy
Level 7
aldel wrote:
I'd like to buy a spare AC adapter for my G501. The model number on the included charger is PA-1121-28, so I thought I could find one of those and buy it, but apparently they usually come with a 5.5mm plug, which is bigger than the G501's power socket. I was alerted to this problem by this review on Amazon, and it's supported by several product listings on Newegg that list the connector size.

Where can I find something that will work? I don't insist on it being a genuine Asus part, although I would probably feel better if it was. I'm a bit nervous about using something with a slightly different voltage.

Hi, I have a spare charger, are you still interested? email me at pinstripe9 at yahoo dot com thanks

drntropy wrote:
Hi, I have a spare charger, are you still interested? email me at pinstripe9 at yahoo dot com thanks

I also need a new power charger for G501, but find it hard to locate correct model. Anybody know where to find spare charger/adapterwith correct plug?

Regards Øystein