cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW | Constant Tick Sound

Ned
Level 7
Hello,

I have been using the Asus G75VW for almost 3 years now and I haven't faced any problems yet. But suddenly, it has started making a weird tick sound from the left side (where the subwoofer is located) and it never stops. It goes on when I turn the system on/off and keeps on going even if the system is idle. Sometimes, it goes off randomly and comes back again.

I have tried almost everything, started with the audio driver fix, formatted the whole system for a clean start, but the problem remains. Is there any fix for this? Or it's just hardware fault or something?
4 REPLIES 4

Edweird
Level 10
Uh...fans maybe?
My G751 starts ticking for a couple of seconds when it heats up and I'm guessing it's just the cooling system and/or PCB expanding from the temperature change.

Could be static popping or something, a component might have given a defect after all this time. Does it continue when you turn your speakers off? Maybe something's interfering with them.

Edweird wrote:
Uh...fans maybe?
My G751 starts ticking for a couple of seconds when it heats up and I'm guessing it's just the cooling system and/or PCB expanding from the temperature change.

Could be static popping or something, a component might have given a defect after all this time. Does it continue when you turn your speakers off? Maybe something's interfering with them.

I've checked the fans, they seem to work fine. It comes directly from the subwoofer below and I am guessing maybe it's the faulty subwoofer. But what I don't understand is, why does it turn off on its own? If it's faulty, it should keep on going.

Clintlgm
Level 14
I would install the latest version on the Asus Support Downloads site
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro