cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage III Formula Waterblock

Retired
Not applicable
Hi all - New here...

Is there a full coverage waterblock available by anyone for this board yet? I am guessing by the lack of posts in this forum that the board is relatively new and I have not been able to find one.

I've yet to purchase the board but am in the process of trying to decide which board is best for me. I currently have an EVGA E760 Classified board but due to the recent thread on there forums in discussion of 24-pin ATX connectors melting due to PCI-E lanes not getting the voltages they need for demanding video cards, I'm unhappy and have decided it's time for me to move on from EVGA. I do realize that there most recent motherboard release offers the 4 pin molex to supply that extra power but I purchased my 760 just a month ago and feel slighted in this regard, as apparently it has been a known issue for quite some time.

Ok, no more ranting... Which board would be best for me of the R3F or the R3E? I would like it to be watercooled as my current board is, I am running a 980x (Currently @ 4.2ghz), SLI GTX 470's (Will be going TRI SLI sooner or later), and I also have a Creative Titanium xFi in which I have running currently in my PCI-E x1 slot. I'd like to keep the soundcard.

Opinions?
7 REPLIES 7

ottoyu34
Level 9
I'm sure you already know both boards will run Tri-SLI and a PCI-E X1 sound card with no problem.
There are already waterblocks widely available for the R3E. But for the R3F, you have to contact various manufacters
for any plans and dates.

Retired
Not applicable
i dont know of any blocks made for the formula yet but im sure we will be working with dangerden on a block soon.

utnorris
Level 7
Danger Den is the only one I know of so far. Ek will probably do one eventually, but it's a little more complicated to design compared to the RE3 which only has one mosfet versus two on the Formula. You can probably do separate blocks for each mosfet, NB and SB.

Retired
Not applicable
DangerDen only has it for the R3E, but not for the R3F

Ill be watching this thread, as i'm trying to get all my ducks in a row before i start putting my R3F under water 🙂

V2-V3
Level 8
To be safe purchase the Rampage III Extreme as there is currently a full coverage motherboard liquid cooling block available from Danger Den.
The R3E water block is available here: http://www.dangerden.com/store/re3-full-coverage-block-rampage-iii-extreme.html

Retired
Not applicable