cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a new recovery DVD set?

Retired
Not applicable
I didn't follow the original instructions to create the DVD, and wound up having to use my laptop for work, which required a re-image.

Now I'm no longer doing that, and I'd like to revert the system back to how it was when I first got it. How do I do that?
7 REPLIES 7

Pyro411
Level 7
Sadly in this instance you have to call the local support line for Asus and order a new copy of the DVDs, or if you have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM disk laying around at home that "Should" work, I know the disks were interchangeable with Vista but have not had a chance to test the Retail/OEM disks for Windows 7 to see if that functionality was still there. If you go that route you will have to re-download the drivers from http://support.asus.com instead of having a specific driver disk.

Retired
Not applicable
warlock wrote:
I didn't follow the original instructions to create the DVD, and wound up having to use my laptop for work, which required a re-image.

Now I'm no longer doing that, and I'd like to revert the system back to how it was when I first got it. How do I do that?

If you know someone else with with a g73jh laptop just have them make you a set or if you need you can contact me and i will mail you a set I have the g73jh-x1.

Chastity
Level 10
You can install a Win7 Home Premium Install DVD and use the key on your laptop to activate it over Phone. After that, use your Driver and Application Disc to install all the stock apps and drivers. You will have the option to uncheck anything you feel you do not need during that process.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

jeprira
Level 7
and if you use ABR (google is your friend) to back up your activation *before* you reinstall, you won't even have to call MS... just restore activation and you are done.

Retired
Not applicable

Chastity
Level 10
Just to note: that package is for the Best Buy models only, so you may be missing a couple of drivers. (TBH, I doubt it)
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
Ok then this link and locate your model by drop down. http://estore.asus.com/shop/category.asp?catid=751