Low023

Application Freeze when Typing.

Whenever I leave my G7 on for a day or so the next time I get back to it and type in any application it completely freezes the application I type in, I have to restart the laptop for it to stop freezing apps. Anyone else get this on the G7? Any solution? I'm on the verge of reformatting and just want to see if anyone else has encountered this.

Thanks in advance.

TeamROG Notebook Member Array Chastity@ASUS's Avatar

Kicking Ass Since Today

Low023
    Quote Originally Posted by Chastity View Post
    I will try that out but mine doesn't freeze the entire system, it just freezes applications once I try to type inside a text box. Super weird bug.
    But Ill try that hotfix and report back.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Low023 View Post
    Whenever I leave my G7 on for a day or so the next time I get back to it and type in any application it completely freezes the application I type in, I have to restart the laptop for it to stop freezing apps. Anyone else get this on the G7? Any solution? I'm on the verge of reformatting and just want to see if anyone else has encountered this.

Thanks in advance.
    Perhaps try putting your system in hibernate or sleep mode. I'm assuming you leave it on so that it is fast to resume activity when you next use it - hibernate may add a few seconds but I find it pretty quick.

G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
    12GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
    Boot Drive: Samsung 860 EVO (1 TB)
    Data Drive: Samsung 850 EVO (500 GB)
    GTX560M 3GB DDR5
    BIOS 203
    Windows 10 64bit