Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

All sorted used CyberLink's Power2Go 8 in order to create a boot disc, thanks for the info dstrakele, though haven't tried the disc yet, so fingers crossed, have re-downloaded ISO from DigitalRiver just in case it got corrupted during previous download. It appears there might be a problem with the AVDP (Anchor Volume Descriptor Pointers) within the ISO, see here http://www.withinwindows.com/2009/11...h-custom-isos/ So going to dl this little tool and see if that helps, but that'll have to wait till after finish work, but I got 3 days off to chill Now if I can just get Steam to log me into APB Reloaded I'll be but I've always got War Inc Battlezone keep me occupied, well that and sleep, lol.

nebothepyro
    Hey gday guys, i also am having trouble with my backlit keyboard on my ASUS G74 sx. It has never worked for me so far, i have tried all the suggestions in this thread.

I updated to bios 203
    I unistalled ATK drivers, restarted, turned off anti-virus, and reinstalled new updated ATK drivers (ATKPackage_Win7_64_z100008), restarted again and still the backlit keys do not function. No animation comes on the screen for FN F3+F4. Every other function key works with an animation on the screen.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by nebothepyro View Post
    I updated to bios 203
    I unistalled ATK drivers, restarted, turned off anti-virus, and reinstalled new updated ATK drivers (ATKPackage_Win7_64_z100008),
    That's an old ATK Package. Here's the latest one.

Also I had this same problem. After you reinstall it, it is actually on. Just use the FN-F3 or F4 keys to turn up (or down) the brightness levels. Took me awhile to search through the entire thread for this and yet it was so simple

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI EXTREME
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)32gb GSkill FlareX 3200mhzC14
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE 1080 ti EXTREME
    Monitor55" UHDR 4K TV
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 NVME 500GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 951 M.2 PCIe AHCI 512GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT kRAKEN X62
    CaseCOOLERMASTER MAKER 5T
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM850X
    Keyboard LOGITECH K850 WIRELESS BACKLIT
    Mouse LOGITECH M570 TRACKBALL WIRELESS
    Headset 2.4GHz Wireless Headphones with Detachable Mic and Rechargeable Battery
    Mouse Pad LOLOLOLOLOLOL....
    Headset/Speakers VIZIO SOUND BAR, SUBWOOFER AND SURROUND SPEAKERS
    OS WIN 10 PRO

i never burn dvd's, as they are too heavy to travel with, and tend to get scratched and become no good. i copied my iso onto a usb drive, that i formatted to be bootable. it was faster and easier than the whole dvd iso game. installation went perfectly, and i haven't looked back yet.
    CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME - 55-inch UHD 4k Display - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - NZXT Kraken X62 - 7 CoolerMaster/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 32GB GSkill FlareX 3200Mhz DDR4 - Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Samsung 951 M.2 AHCI 512GB - Samsung EVO 840 1TB SSD - Crucial MX100 SATA 3 500GB SSD - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech K350 wireless wave keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 10 Pro Fall Creators Edition

UPDATE: Just backing up my Steam games folder, didn't use Steam's backup (way to slow), then be starting my clean install, got my Windows 7 Ultimate ISO on DVD and USB currently. So next day or so be starting my Clean Install Got all the latest Drivers on USB as well as some recommended Utilities and programs, to install after the long journey that is Windows Updates

Big shout out to all the help (JR1dst, BrodyBoy and dstrakele) The guides are a big help guys, thanks.

Happy New Year to ALL

UPDATE: Clean Install complete and my G74Sx is running beautifully, Fn keys now work Thanks to everyone with the help, also got a ROG desktop and Start Orb and now use RocketDock Hopefully the task I created will shut down my notebook in 53mins (had to leave for work, still downloading tho, how can WoW be 10.5GB) Still least it be done shortly, when I left there was only 850mb left to download. Also, since did clean install my speakers seem louder the screen is even crisper at full resolution and the Windows 7 ISO I downloaded was SP1 (even though DigitalRiver stated it as the standard OS), ended up burning it to DVD using Windows Disk Image Burner, worked beautifully Installed all updated drivers as recommended, downloaded IE9 (but use Google's Chrome browser, so much cleaner), switched off all unnecessary Windows software, disabled Hibernation, next up is too look through Dark Viper's Windows 7 guides do some tweaks. Again, thanks for all the help fellow ROG'ers.

We Adapt, We Survive
    Last edited by FenrirMH; 01-21-2012 at 11:49 PM.

ROG Member Array

I had problems with the ISO that I downloaded from the ROG forum as well. I downloaded it 3 times with no success after creating a boot image onto DVD's, jump drives, anything that I could get my hands on. I spent half a day trying to figure out why I couldn't get Windows to install. I had to download the ISO from a different site as well (Digital River also I think) and had no problems with the ISO from their site. I can't tell you why I had problems with the ISO from the thread. I know that other people have had no problems but I highly recommend downloading from a different source if problems arise with the Windows install.

Quote Originally Posted by ralexander9646 View Post
    I had problems with the ISO that I downloaded from the ROG forum as well. I downloaded it 3 times with no success after creating a boot image onto DVD's, jump drives, anything that I could get my hands on. I spent half a day trying to figure out why I couldn't get Windows to install. I had to download the ISO from a different site as well (Digital River also I think) and had no problems with the ISO from their site. I can't tell you why I had problems with the ISO from the thread. I know that other people have had no problems but I highly recommend downloading from a different source if problems arise with the Windows install.
    As far as I know, the ISO which is on this forum is just the Premium Edition, I needed the Ultimate x64 ISO as thats the edition of windows that came with my notebook, a quick search gave me what I needed on DigitalRiver, but having got the ISO file (X17-59465), found that it Windows wouldn't burn it either using Windows USB\DVD Tool or Windows Disk Image Burner, kept saying it wasn't a vaild image. However, I came across the old x64 Ultimate SP1 ISO (X17-24395) on another website and that worked perfectly. If you can always download ISO files (esp Windows 7 files) from DigitalRiver. Turns out Microsoft are sueing Comet (a electronics retailer here in the UK) over allegations of selling 94,000 pirated copies of Windows XP and Vista with it's PC's (read the full report here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...=feeds-newsxml).
    Last edited by FenrirMH; 01-21-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5