Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g55vw BIOS User password Locked. Recue Password Date 2009/01/01. HELP

junaidrazasyed
Level 7
Hi my laptop (Asus G55VW) has gotten into a problem
it had a BIOS administrator password when i bought it 2 days ago
the guy i bought it from gave me the BIOS administrator password and i would use that to log in and use the laptop
but i found that a bit of a hassle so i decided to reset that password

so i went into the BIOS and reset the administrator
what i didnt realise was that there was also another "user password" enabled, so once i reset the administrator password it started asking me for a User password on start-up
the trouble is the guy i bought the laptop from doesnt seem to remember setting a user password, so now im basically screwed

i tried taking out the CMOS battery for a few hours, that didnt work
i found online that if i press Alt+R when it asks for the password, it would open another dialogue box and ask me for a "rescue password" (sort of a master password)
Asus have different master passwords for different dates
so now i cannot find the rescue password for the date 29/01/01
i cannot reset the password with CMOS battery

can anyone offer some advice/help
or can any asus representative provide me with a rescue password for 2009/01/01?
2 REPLIES 2

Rinnzler
Level 7
Hi, looks like you don't have any luck 😉

So .... i just found this rescue password in the the distorted nothingness for 2009/01/01 !

I'm not sure if it's gonna work but let's try it 😉

When a password is required press Win+R or try Alt+R then type this password (respect caps) : 1BLDABLA

good luck,
tell us if it worked 😉

Regards,
Rinnzler

It worked!
After i posted here I found a list of rescur password and their dates online and found my password in them
If any one is facing the same problem go ahead and click on this link and you would be able to find a rescue password for pretty much any date 😄

http://pastebin.com/L3c3rySj

Thanks Rinnzler 😄