cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We Need A driver Update for the Black, RIVE, and Extream ASAP

TheBoatswain
Level 7
Raja,
You have been a great help here and I have been doing some reading here and noticed people experimenting with drivers on their own because ASUS has forgotten us from the day the boards were released. Look my audio driver sucks, every time I game I have to go into control panel and turn down the mic manually because the driver conflicts with either the game, Steam or Team Speak. My hard drive shut down all the time but the board is fine it has to do with the drivers.
Step up and help us out please. Get that fat guy that does all those YOU Tube Videos off his but and get on the software bubbas to get the Intel drivers updated. P.S. tell him I would like to see a Date on when the new Poseidon GTX 980 Ti will hit the stores please.
Thank you
The Boatswain
Asus Rampage VI Apex, Intel X9 7900X, Gskill 3600, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SLI, 4 SSD, 1 M.2 SSD
12 REPLIES 12

TheBoatswain
Level 7
Ok I was a little harsh, but hey I paid $599.00 for this supposed to be awesome mother board that is so thin when you install memory you almost feel like you might push right through it, no updates for the Chipset Drivers, Controller drivers and sound drivers. This suppose to be an Extreme motherboard and the last one got a ton of updates but we only see updates to the Asus software. As for the Bios updates 701 is a good one but the boards default is 1600 ram when you have xmp 2400 in it and you try the easy 45 auto tweak and 801 is still a beta for a year now? Come on guys you can read the post but not vent with me. My buddy has a board for the 4790 and his auto tweak takes in account for the memory he has in his board and takes him up to 48.5 tweaks his memory and he paid $260.00 for his board. They built up the board for sales and dropped it like a hot rock.
I was an EVGA Fan Boy but I left them when I got my RIVE board and the only reason I keep the Black in is the waterblock support. I have two EVGA GTX 780 SC cards in but I want the new GTX 980Ti Poseidon cards for the simple reason EVGA is simply overclocking Reference Cards. The weird thing is Asus is charging more than Evga is for a non clocked reference card in fact Asus has it under clocked. I have read a lot of stuff on the Asus 980 TI and the Strix and the Poseidon are advertised to be clocked under EVGA's SC cards. Which brings me back to the Motherboard, here we are paying a lot more money for their boards and cards and I haven't seen no updates.
Asus Rampage VI Apex, Intel X9 7900X, Gskill 3600, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SLI, 4 SSD, 1 M.2 SSD

ChiefZeke
Level 10
Don't expect ASUS to be the update provider - go to the hardware manufacturers web site; i.e Intel,RealTek, AMD/nVidea, etc and get the latest drivers from them - that's what I've been doing and my guess is that is what everybody else has been doing too. Also, check with Station Drivers: http://www.station-drivers.com/
Lian-Li PC-A77F Full Tower case
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200 ATX12V & EPS12V PSU
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 X79
Intel Core i7-3960X 3.31 LGA 2011 CPU
Intel RTS2011LC Liquid Cooling Solution
Kingston KHX24C11T3K4/32X (quad 32Gb memory kit) 2 each
ASUS Radeon HD7970 DirectCUII 3Gb GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (two in CrossfireX Mode)
Western Digital Cavier Black 2Tb SATA III 6.0GB/S
OCZ Technologies Vertex 4 SATAIII 6Gb/s 512Gb SSD

ChiefZeke wrote:
Don't expect ASUS to be the update provider - go to the hardware manufacturers web site; i.e Intel,RealTek, AMD/nVidea, etc and get the latest drivers from them - that's what I've been doing and my guess is that is what everybody else has been doing too. Also, check with Station Drivers: http://www.station-drivers.com/

Good info and I will use it. My issue is after the amount I paid, "one Official update"! Once a Chief always a Chief

ChiefZeke wrote:

Your reasoning is valid, except that the entire ROG brand is built to cater to high end hardware enthusiasts, and it's reasonable to expect a certain level of "catering" to any high end enthusiast clientelle. Would it really kill Asus to continuously provide periodic updates to their top-level hardware even when it's no longer THE top priority of their marketing strategy? I mean, the Black Edition is only about a year old, and you'd think it was EOL by the lack of updates or service. I'd expect more from Asus, especially for a $450+ top-of-the-line premium product like the BE.

The least they could do would be to have a spokesperson stop by the "older" forum periodically to post an update of any info we should be aware of, like upcoming updates for a certain OS release that pretty much everybody is wondering about. Just my 2 cents (actually, my $450, but who's counting? lol)
Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

chrisnyc75 wrote:
Your reasoning is valid, except that the entire ROG brand is built to cater to high end hardware enthusiasts, and it's reasonable to expect a certain level of "catering" to any high end enthusiast clientelle. Would it really kill Asus to continuously provide periodic updates to their top-level hardware even when it's no longer THE top priority of their marketing strategy? I mean, the Black Edition is only about a year old, and you'd think it was EOL by the lack of updates or service. I'd expect more from Asus, especially for a $450+ top-of-the-line premium product like the BE.

The least they could do would be to have a spokesperson stop by the "older" forum periodically to post an update of any info we should be aware of, like upcoming updates for a certain OS release that pretty much everybody is wondering about. Just my 2 cents (actually, my $450, but who's counting? lol)

Thanks for jumping in. I do agree looking for the drivers ourselves is probably what they expect but hey we did pay for the support. I read in here that we should look at a certain driver for the Chipset but I use Driver Fusion I got off Steam and the driver suggested actually is older then the one Asus has on line. so I have to look for the update my self.
These drivers have serious issues. If I use Bios 801 Beta since May 2014 I end up with memory issues. We need a memory fix.

chrisnyc75
Level 12
The chipset, as I understand it, doesn't really matter - just use the one Asus provided on the support page and you'll be fine. The chipset is really just a list of hardware component names to display in Device Manager, Windows takes care of all of that for you nowdays. Updating to a more recent "generic" chipset release from Intel only changes the text you see in the device description, it doesn't have any effect on performance so there's really no reason to bother updating it.

The same is not true, however, for the ASMedia USB and SATA controllers, Bluetooth, Intel LAN, Wi-Fi, Realtek Audio, and the ever-popular AI Suite + TurboV sensors. Updates to those do potentially impact performance and stability. ASMedia USB3 and Realtek can be particularly problematic to update since Asus packages them with their proprietary "asussetup" format, the generic updates don't always work right in my experience. And that only promises to get more confusing with a new OS coming.
Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

TheBoatswain
Level 7
Thank You again!

hungryviking1
Level 7
This is the kind of support i would expect from ECS ...

#3 take a close look at Realtek driver http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&Down... Definition Audio Codecs

Audio drivers available for download from the Realtek website are general drivers for our audio ICs, and may not offer the customizations made by your system/motherboard manufacturer. To be sure you obtain the full features/customizations provided in your original audio product, please download the latest drivers from your system/motherboard manufacturer's website.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Top tier boards should come with top tier customer service and top tier support. Full stop.

Having said that; I guess that when the RIVBE was released X79 was pretty mature so maybe a whole load of updates are not going to be needed really compared to early days but I do suspect support has been dropped more than carefully deemed unnecessary....

😞