cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access Express gate after bios 203 update on 74sx-dh73-3d Laptop

IamCrashu
Level 7
Bios 203 turned the ROG button next the power button into the 3D on and off switch on my 74sx-dh73-3d laptop and now i don't know how to access the express gate. Any help would be great. Thanks!!!
3 REPLIES 3

BrodyBoy
Level 10
The ROG button functions to access ExpressGate when the computer is off, i.e., it should power up the computer into EG or into a menu to select it. Once the laptop is booted into Windows, the ROG button takes on its other functions (3D or P4G switch, depending on your setup).

BrodyBoy wrote:
The ROG button functions to access ExpressGate when the computer is off, i.e., it should power up the computer into EG or into a menu to select it. Once the laptop is booted into Windows, the ROG button takes on its other functions (3D or P4G switch, depending on your setup).

... or nothing if you don't install P4G. 😛
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

crashu
Level 7
Does anyone out there own a g74sx 3D model lappy?
When the power is off and I hit the ROG button, it just powers up like normal (No Express gate) and yes P4G is installed. I've seen some people mention that in the bios under ?tools? theres a place that you can turn on Express gate but I don't have a tools section in my bios and no option anywhere else for express gate. I've tried reinstalling express gate and doesn't give me any errors or anything.
Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!!