Ferrari353

G74SX-XN1 Questions

I recently bought a used G74SX-XN1 on eBay, and I just got it today so I'm messing around with it, and setting things up. I have a few questions, though.

1. Is it possible to change the scrolling speed with the two-finger scroll thing? It's excessively fast.
    2. Is the right-click button supposed to be mushy? It doesn't 'click' like the left-button does. It's almost hard to tell when I've clicked it.
    3. Is there any way to reassign buttons? I find the calculator button somewhat useless...I'd rather use it for something else.
    4. Why are there two buttons to change the speed thing (High performance, battery saving, etc.) on the spacebar+fn and the one next to the power button.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

1) Do you have a Sentelic or Synaptics touchpad? See if http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showth...-with-Touchpad will help.

2) No, they should have the same feel.

3) A new BIOS is required to change the function of the keyboard keys. What BIOS version is on your system? To date, none of the available BIOS updates change the function of the calculator key. It is possible one may be supplied in the future, but that must be confirmed by an ASUS employee.

4) The Fn-spacebar key combination was designed for people with 2 left hands.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Ferrari353
    It's sentelic. And I changed it to one line for scrolling and it's much more smooth now. So is there any way to fix the mushy button?

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari353 View Post
    It's sentelic. And I changed it to one line for scrolling and it's much more smooth now. So is there any way to fix the mushy button?
    That sounds like a physical problem to me. Either there's something trapped under the button, or the spring mechanism is broken/defective.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Ferrari....something just occurred to me, since you said it's the right button that feels "mushy."

Would you further describe it as feeling like the internal button mechanism is jammed/broken/etc., and therefore the button press is different from the left one, or does it feel like that whole side of the button bar has some "give" to it?