cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email alerts

k2roo
Level 7
What settings do i choose so that i get email alerts to replies in threads here? I have to keep coming to the forums and scrolling through thread after thread to find what replies i have to topics im engaged in or started.
18 REPLIES 18

dstrakele
Level 14
Forum Actions-General Settings-Default Thread Subscription Mode - Choose the mode you desire.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
Forum Actions-General Settings-Default Thread Subscription Mode - Choose the mode you desire.

I must say, i have had that 'instant email reply' since joining up to asusrog.com andi havnt received 1 email. Are the webmasters/forum admins able to look into this?

BrodyBoy
Level 10
No matter what settings I've tried, I never get notifications from this forum. Not for threads posts, not for PMs. Very annoying.

dstrakele
Level 14
BrodyBoy wrote:
No matter what settings I've tried, I never get notifications from this forum. Not for threads posts, not for PMs. Very annoying.

I must admit, I've chosen NOT to be notified by email. I don't want any more email.

However, if I was an Administrator on this forum and read your message above, I'd get that corrected faster than [insert something really really REALLY fast here]. You provide a LOT of good info, Brody.

You're sure they're not ending up in your SPAM folder?

dstrakele wrote:
I must admit, I've chosen NOT to be notified by email. I don't want any more email.

However, if I was an Administrator on this forum and read your message above, I'd get that corrected faster than [insert something really really REALLY fast here]. You provide a LOT of good info, Brody.

You're sure they're not ending up in your SPAM folder?

Thanks for the kind words. I'm pretty sure they're not in Spam. Not really a big deal, though it'd be nice to get PM notifications.

I just think they have a balky system around here. (Kinda fits, doesn't it? ;))

dstrakele
Level 14
Did you try editing your Email Address in Forum Profile, saving the changes, then confirming the emails aren't ending up in your SPAM folder?

I am not attempting to turn this feature ON to troubleshoot because I'm scared I might not be able to turn it OFF!

One more thing...Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to the threads that you wish to have notification under "Thread Tools".

k2roo
Level 7
Ok i have edited the email address, even though it was the same, and i saved the changes. I will see what happens now 🙂

dstrakele
Level 14
Don't forget to "subscribe" to the threads on which you desire email notification.

dstrakele
Level 14
You don't get a popup window saying you have a New Private Message? I DO get those type of notifications.

Maybe JR can help with these issues when he wakes up at 4:00 AM.