Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX HDMI input possible?

Hinz_Kunze
Level 7
Hi,

I'd like to connect my digital camera via HDMI to my G74SX. The manual says

"HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is an uncompressed all-digital audio/video interface between any audio/video source, such as a set-top box, DVD player,
and A/V receiver ..."

Sounds as the HDMI port could be used as an input channel. Is this true? If yes, what software is needed to show my camera's output signal on my notebook screen?

Regards

Hinz
4 REPLIES 4

dstrakele
Level 14
I'm not sure, but I'm thinking not. Most digital cameras I've seen have a USB A/V cable to interface with a computer. I bet Amazon will sell you one for your camera if it is not among your accessories.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Yes, there is an A/V cable for my camera. But it uses (of course) a proprietary connector, and I can not use the one I have from my old camera. I have a HDMI cable already, and - after reading the G74SX's manual - hoped to can use the computer's HDMI connector as input channel. But probably the manual does not tell the truth ...

dstrakele
Level 14
I think the manual's HDMI description is correct. The laptop is the A/V Source and your camera would be the A/V receiver. However that is not what you want.

I know I can attach an HDMI cable from my laptop to my LCD TV and display the laptop A/V on the TV. However, that does not allow me to display the TV's output on my laptop.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

BrodyBoy
Level 10
I agree....I don't believe the HDMI port can be used as an input.