cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM options

Retired
Not applicable
Hi guys, got this board last month and still deciding on my other components RAM & CPU, been eying up these sticks linked below any you guys run these??, what do you think or post about your experiences with these RAM's?? any alternative suggestions???

I picked these due to a combination of decent latency's and decent price.

G.Skill RipJaw 4GB (2x2GB) F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

this doesnt seem to be a very active forum, i remember the late dfi-street forum was really a strong motherboard community and was an influence on my pruchasing decision back when I build my current socket 939 rig, maybe I was just spoiled by that but was hoping to see a simlar experience im here, anyway any input is greatly appreciated guys.
regards

Dyno
16 REPLIES 16

Retired
Not applicable
I'm useing corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 8 gigs at speed with no problems.I have read other places that them ripjaws works really good with this board.there's a post around here I read about them G-Skill Flares I'm thinking about changing to that's design for my X6 1090T Black edition. I think you'll be good with them. Good luck...Toecutter

Retired
Not applicable
thanx TC, them flares look good but a little out of my budget, gald to hear you reckon those RipJaws should be good, gonna be making the purchase next pay day, (nxt week W007!!!), then i'm gonna need to decide on a CPU, im toying with the idea of a X2 555be, with the veiw to unlocking the extra cores (i kinda like this idea), an x4 955 just to garauntee at least 4 cores or the 1055T if my budget will allow, cant wait to get this board going and then have my new tweaking fix, just one and a bit months unless i can sqeeze both CPU and RAM out of next weeks pay.

oh i need a decent air cooler what are you guys using???

Retired
Not applicable
Me again Dyno..:)IMO I wouldn't go with X2 core no more.The Phenom II X4 955 BE would be a sweet spot,and I wouldn't pay the extra $20 for the 965 when you can over clock the 955 and have the same performance.Now,if you have the "money" the 1055T would set you up for the future. I had the money and went big with the 1090T. I'm a BIG gamer at the age of 41..lol. I been playing games back in the 80'ds with D@D pen and paper days and I know my 1090T is over kill for games, but multitasking is CRAZY with my X6 BE. Now for cpu cooler...I love my corsair Hydro H50 and it was easy to install, "well"in my cooler master HAF 932 I did had to move the MB out to install because there's 2 screws you can't get to. On youtube there's a vid that shows you how to install this. It's only $79 on newegg. I'm at 4.1 ghz and at idel it's at 22c and load around 32c to 36c. Sorry for a long response , I love to talk hard ware. Be sure to let use know what you went with bro..later Toecutter

xeromist
I don't have your board but I've had nothing but good with G.Skill's gaming RAM.

I like the Corsair H50/70 for "air" cooling (since it's self contained I consider it equivalent to an air cooler). There's a lot less stress on the socket which is important for me because that computer moves a lot. It generally does a pretty good job unless you're looking at a heavy overclock and then you should be looking at water or better anyway. I've got an i7 at 3.7 running 24/7 on an H50.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
thanx again TC, well ive made a decision, im gonna get the x2 for now but if i Ihave no luck unlocking i'll be selling it on and purchasing a 1055T or 1090T after new year , I really want the Hex core but with christmas coming soon my budget is a little tight and I want to get the board up and running as soon as possible to gain some familarity with the BIOS and the RAM timmings before I drop the Hex in.

so Hex and the H50 will be on my list for early nxt year, just gonna get up and running with x2 and the stock cooler for now, thanks for the input guys

Retired
Not applicable
just found these on a local etailer at a cracking price, any thoughts???? links below

patriot Viper 4Gb

Available here

Dynomutt wrote:
just found these on a local etailer at a cracking price, any thoughts???? links below

patriot Viper 4Gb

Available here

Those are 1.9V ram.
You should look for 1.65V sticks.
Check out Chews threads in this section.

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?523-Crosshair-4-easy-OC-bios-profiles.
i7-980X | EVGA 762 Classified | 6GB Dom GT 2000C7 | GTX580 SLI

i7-2600K | Asus MIVE-Z68 | 4GB Dom GT 2000C8 | GTX580 Martix

69_Goat's HWBOT Profile

xeromist
I like patriot as a brand but I haven't used that model.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
agree with goat, check out the different 24/7 profiles chew made, as he has give you options with different types of memory sticks. at least you're more in the lines of a closer stable overclock than taking a chance. although those profiles are for 1090T