cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality of sound?

Robroy
Level 7
Hi all, just bought (waiting for it to arrive) a G53SX-XR1 and was wondering how the sound is on these laptops? HP has beats and toshiba has HK (if i recall correctly)...

thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Not good. Asus doesn't put much emphasis on built-in audio quality in their current notebooks. It's very typical, tinny laptop audio, at best.

JRd1st
Level 12
Asus has a TV commercial emphasizing how awesome the sound on one of their notebooks is. I guess that model got the good speakers.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

JRd1st wrote:
Asus has a TV commercial emphasizing how awesome the sound on one of their notebooks is. I guess that model got the good speakers.

I have one of their supposedly-great-sounding "multimedia" notebooks. It's got ICE power! Ooooh! It's got Bang & Olufsen! Super-Oooo!!

It's still just two little laptop speakers.....sounds a little better than the G74, but still just barely tolerable for music.

/sarcasm great.......

so that said, is there any type of upgrade to fix/replace the speakers? Of course you can get external speakers and/or headphones, but i was curious if there's some aftermarket speakers?

ty

Verruckt
Level 7
No, the XR1 is mine model, and it sucks.
No bass at all.
ASUS G53SX
Core i7 2630QM | GTX 560M 2GB | 8GB DDR3 1333 | OCZ Vertex 3 120GB | Seagate Momentus XT 500GB
Razer Orochi | Razer Moray | Logitech X-540