cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue screen on the G74Sx

Retired
Not applicable
hello i am a new ROG member and i am currently getting a lot of blue screens and dont know why. ive been searching on the internet and on this site and only found that it might be overheating but when i run a temp. i only get up to 64C and thats not high enough. so i was wondering if its a mother board problem cuz i read this: http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?5859-G74SX-keeps-crashing-when-I-play-games-on-it/page4

and the person said he brought it to geek squad and said they replaced the mother board.

or if any one knows how to fix it before i go to best buy plz send a post by the end of this week thank you
19 REPLIES 19

BrodyBoy
Level 10
First of all.....don't count on the geek squad for any help.

Can you explain the situations when this happens? Is it when you're using particular programs?

The_Nemesis
Level 10
When are you getting the blue screens? Have you updated any of the drivers?
Praetor
» i7 990X 3101A239
» Asus Rampage III Black Edition
» Asus GTX 470 & 570 Tri-SLI or Three Sapphire 5850's CFX
» 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF
» Corsiar Force Series 180GB
» CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W
» Microcool Banchetto 101
Defiant
» G74SX » 16GB ram » Corsiar Force Series 180GB » 750GB Seagate » Blu-ray

JRd1st
Level 12
Blue dcrens are caused by bad RAM more often than not in my experience. But you could try to reseat your ram sticks.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

dstrakele
Level 14
We'll need some more information, greg014. What are you doing when the BSOD occurs on your G74SX? Playing a specific game? Playing youtube videos or a movie? Browsing the web? The more detail you can provide, the better.

If these BSOD's are recent phenomena, try using Windows System Restore to restore your system to an earlier time before they were experienced.

What Antivirus, AntiMalware, and Firewall software have you installed to your system?

What applications have you installed to your laptop. What Browser do you use?

Have you installed an SSD or upgraded the RAM on your system?

The Bug Check Code of the BSOD(s) may point us in some troubleshooting direction. See http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?6557-G73JH-BST7-BSOD&p=47794&viewfull=1#post47794 for instructions on how to filter the System Event Log for the BugCheck source events.

System Event Log Errors and Warnings that occur prior (check back an hour or two) to the BugCheck events may provide additional troubleshooting information.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Retired
Not applicable
dstrakele wrote:
We'll need some more information, greg014. What are you doing when the BSOD occurs on your G74SX? Playing a specific game? Playing youtube videos or a movie? Browsing the web? The more detail you can provide, the better.

If these BSOD's are recent phenomena, try using Windows System Restore to restore your system to an earlier time before they were experienced.

What Antivirus, AntiMalware, and Firewall software have you installed to your system?

What applications have you installed to your laptop. What Browser do you use?

Have you installed an SSD or upgraded the RAM on your system?

The Bug Check Code of the BSOD(s) may point us in some troubleshooting direction. See http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?6557-G73JH-BST7-BSOD&p=47794&viewfull=1#post47794 for instructions on how to filter the System Event Log for the BugCheck source events.

System Event Log Errors and Warnings that occur prior (check back an hour or two) to the BugCheck events may provide additional troubleshooting information.

already did that yesterday. and now it just prolonged the BSOD.

i have titanium from bestbuy. i have, when this first started, leatrix latency fix (unistalled it), auslogic disk defrag, steam, and thats about it all the other programs i had on before the BSOD started never put me in a BSOD.

no SSD and i only have the stock 8GB ddr3 ram.

Retired
Not applicable
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 12/4/2011 2:47:18 AM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Owner-PC
Description:
The description for Event ID 41 from source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

luafv
7/13/2009 5:26:13 PM

The message id for the desired message could not be found

Event Xml:

0x8000000000000000

System
Owner-PC

0x0
luafv
2009-07-13T17:26:13.000000000Z

Retired
Not applicable
ok first. doesnt matter what progra i use. its like a 15-30 min window of how long it will take to go into blue screen. like if i play WoW it goes into BS faster and when i just leave the laptop on and walk away for a little bit it will be in a blue screen OR it wont have any icons or windows bar on the desktop screen. Second. i updated all my drivers. window update says my PC is up to date and asus live update says i dont have any to install.

and how do i restart my ram.?

edit: and thanks for replying so fast.

Retired
Not applicable
yep just got a BSOD while i was reading some posts on this forum... should i just unistall all the games and other programs i have?

dstrakele
Level 14
Get the BSOD bug check code(s) from the BugCheck event(s) in the System Event Log.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT