cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX-XA1 and Intel 6230 Wireless cards...

Retired
Not applicable
Recently bought The G74SX-XA1 and it's pretty much everything I could ask for in a gaming laptop. Already formatted and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7. Now I have a network that has 2 network signals, a 2GHz and a 5GHz. I obviously can't connect with the default atheros card to the 5GHz signal cause it doesn't even show up in the windows 7 lists of wireless signals. I'm about to head to Canada Computers to purchase an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 Mini Wireless card to replace the atheros card. I've already installed RAM on the machine to make it the full 16GB. I'm just wondering if there's a diagram or some sort of video on how to install wireless cards on the G74SX machine. Cause I didn't think to look for the wireless card at the time when i had the bottom hatch open. Cheers and thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

JRd1st
Level 12
http://btoforums.com/showpost.php?p=18112&postcount=4

There's a shot in that guide.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
hmm in that guide there's a part to remove the antenna's which I'm guessing is connected to the wireless card? I guess just follow them and figure out how to pop it out i guess lol

JRd1st
Level 12
Just pop them off the card. You only have to remove that access panel to get to the card, very easy.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
ohhh ok. thanks much. Ill try it out when i get home.