cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems after g750jw reassembly - touchpad and wifi

theartist133
Level 7
The back casing of my g750jw was damaged when I got in an accident (don't keep your laptop case where there's an airbag folks) so I ordered the part online and fixed everything myself. I had no problems with reassembling the laptop, power and lights work and I was able to play my games just fine...except for the touchpad not responding at all. There's no mouse cursor on the screen, no button response, nothing. I triple and quadruple checked the TP ribbon connection and it seems to be completely connected with no damage. Everything else related to the keyboard works.

Also, this may be unrelated but I think there's problems with the wifi as well. At first it said "no networks available" so I reopened the computer and double checked the connection to the wifi chip. Now it recognizes networks but tries to connect for a while to no avail. I'm not sure if it did connect at one point (I haven't slept in a couple days and haven't been paying much attention in between fixing stuff) but either way that's happening as well.

I don't want to have to order a TP ribbon if I don't have to. Any site or seller I see seems kinda un professional and sketchy. If there's a way to fix it or something I'm missing please help me out!!
3 REPLIES 3

code9523
Level 9
Reinstall atk driver or try fn+f9 combination.
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH

theartist133
Level 7
Okay weird update: I didn't have to actually do anything after I restarted my computer this morning, the touchpad just works now. The wifi, however, still doesn't. It's still saying "it can't connect to this network".

code9523
Level 9
Reinstall wi fi driver.
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH