cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G20,I need help.Thank you verymuch~

macxujian
Level 7
I bought the rog G20 with i3 and gtx745.It come with one 180w battery charge only.I want to Upgraded graphics card to 980.So I bought an 230w battery charge.But it could not work.I think I need to swapthe the jumper.What's worse,I don't know how to do that.I Uncertain where the jumper is.It is on the front or back of the motherboard?If guys could teach me how to do that?Preferably a picture or video link.Thank you very much.:o
4 REPLIES 4

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Hi macxujian,

You do know that an i3 will likely bottleneck the GTX 980 right? It might not be worth the trouble and may also have a heating issue in that small case which is why it came with a GTX 745 to begin with.

Cheers.

No,the cpu I will Upgraded to E3 or I7.There will not heating issue as it have a GTX 980 to begin with.Their internal structure is exactly the same.
InfernoStorm wrote:
Hi macxujian,

You do know that an i3 will likely bottleneck the GTX 980 right? It might not be worth the trouble and may also have a heating issue in that small case which is why it came with a GTX 745 to begin with.

Cheers.

Well you didn't mention in OP that you were upgrading CPU too. Normally most people would just purchase the i7 model to begin with, so I don't think there are many people that went with your route to buy i3 version then upgrade. Nonetheless, good luck with it.

macxujian
Level 7
Oh,if any guys could help me...