cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 970 - "no cable connected"

Kamelox
Level 7
Hello guys

I bought a new gpu, so today I replaced it with my old, gtx 750. In uninstalled the old graphic driver, plugged in the 2 6pin cabled and the mini hdmi cable.

But the PC display says: "no cable connected"

So whats wrong?

Here a short clip, that I've made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT4JPbonuOs
11 REPLIES 11

macxujian
Level 7
I met the same problem.What you need is move the jumper.But I don't how to do.

Which jumper?

Quote if GoHack: "Note: If your system came w/only one power supply, there's a jumper on the motherboard which will need to be changed, right next to the power supply plugs in the back of the motherboard. Move the Jumper from the back and middle pin, to the middle and front one."

Are these the jumpers? How should I set them? Can someone make a picture of his jumpers with a gtx 970?

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150619/mvc3hngw.jpg

Ravenholme
Level 7
you'll have to confirm with GoHack but that seems to be the ticket, make sure your jumpers look like that since your computer didn't come with the 2nd PSU AC Adapter.

My computer didn't come with the second one. I doesn't work how it is a the moment. Hope GoHack will answers me, otherwise im lost. 😞

gapo
Level 7
Yes those are the jumpers the JDC11 should be moved to the front and middle . Thats what I did when installing a 2nd power supply.

I am sorry.If you could explain where is the front and middle?
gapo wrote:
Yes those are the jumpers the JDC11 should be moved to the front and middle . Thats what I did when installing a 2nd power supply.

gapo
Level 7
There are 3 pins right , with one psu it is towards the back of the motherboard (back and middle)
With two psu move it to the left ie front and middle (towards the dvd drive)

I am sorry,I still don't understand...I think I need the picture:p
gapo wrote:
There are 3 pins right , with one psu it is towards the back of the motherboard (back and middle)
With two psu move it to the left ie front and middle (towards the dvd drive)