cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windwos 7 Driver / ICM Color Profile

matrixleader
Level 8
Hi there,

I just bought a ROG Swift PG278Q and I am waiting for my new system to be delivered.

Now I saw on the ASUS Support site there is a downloadable driver for Windows 7 which is what I will be using.

In addition to the INF file, there is an *.icm file with the name: PG278Q.icm

Should I use it or shall I use my Spyder5 PRO Color calibrator to get better colors?
3 REPLIES 3

GGY111111
Level 7
You'd better test the 3D Vision function, and determine if there is the double image issue just like mine.

GGY111111 wrote:
You'd better test the 3D Vision function, and determine if there is the double image issue just like mine.

What does this have to do with my question??!? Don't hijack others' threads with your issues!

Korth
Level 14
Go ahead and install the ICM file. It won't overwrite, wreck, or lose anything - it'll just another option on the list to select from. At worst, it just doesn't work or looks horrible and you decide to go back to the previous settings. (Well, at very worst, it somehow makes the display unusable and you have 15 seconds to press Escape to revert to previous settings - but that's not very likely for a color profile, lol.)
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]