cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751 LCD color saturation different when HDMI is plugged in.

Filing
Level 7
This seems weird to me.

I have an external Philips 234E IPS monitor in addition to the G751 screen.

It all works great and as expected, except for 1 thing:
Every time I plug in the HDMI cable and extend the desktop to the Philips screen the color saturation on the G751 LCD is diminished.
Once I remove the HDMI cable, the proper saturation is restored on the G751 LCD.

What may be causing this color saturation difference when the HDMI is inserted?
I have tried applying different settings in Splendid and in the Intel graphics options, but every time the saturation is less when a HDMI cable is inserted and the desktop is extended.

Below are 2 images. (Sorry for the somewhat poor quality of the pics. The quality does not diminish the saturation difference though)
First image is with no HDMI, and the second image has the HDMI cable inserted.

You can clearly see the saturation is more pronounced in the first image.

Anyone with any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

Filing
Level 7
Anyone with any ideas?

p1_11
Level 7
I have the same problem. I called the Asus website, but they gave me advice help worthless. I sent the computer to service, where he asked me lapop with the result - all ok. Something is wrong. In my Asus is trying to cover up defective in the production of art

xeromist
My guess would be that the Splendid profile cannot be applied when spanned to an external display so it's turned off. If you disable Splendid and then plug it in, is there a change?

Either that or the Philips is requiring a different color space than the internal panel's default.

You might try setting an ICC profile instead of trying to do it with Splendid.

All of that is just speculation though since I don't have your equipment to test.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
My guess would be that the Splendid profile cannot be applied when spanned to an external display so it's turned off. If you disable Splendid and then plug it in, is there a change?

Either that or the Philips is requiring a different color space than the internal panel's default.

You might try setting an ICC profile instead of trying to do it with Splendid.

All of that is just speculation though since I don't have your equipment to test.

The problem is that with splendid turned off and disabled (it much be set to "Vivid" so the saturation is "normal"), the color saturation is even less (bordering on washed out) when connecting an external display.

The Philips display colors are great. That's not the problem. The problem is the internal LCD that suffers from reduced saturation.

I have now tested with HDMI, VGA and Display port. All 3 outputs, when connected to an external display, results in much less saturation on the laptop LCD.

The work around is to manually set saturation... but that's an ugly solution.

Vythica
Level 7
Deleted my post --- Ignore this, i did not read the post properly.