cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for parts, none available?

Cipher
Level 7
I have a 16-month old G73JH that has been an endless source of frustration and headache - and frankly if I can't get these problems solved it'll be the last ASUS product I'll buy or recommend in this lifetime.

[mode = venting]

I've replaced a failing drive (started failing undetected until after the warranty period) with an SSD, which is working wonderfully.

The Atheros WLAN card has been utterly worthless at connecting to 801.11n mixed-mode networks; after talking to a service rep at Linksys, she pointed me to articles that the Atheros WLAN cards are crap.

The touchpad still decides to slam the mouse to the right for no discernable reason.

The battery life is already down to ten minutes.

Yes, I'm updated drivers, firmware, burned black candles and there were goats involved.

[/mode]
With all of that said, I need a new battery and a hard drive tray, because apparently ASUS in its infinite wisdom determined two drive bays but a single drive caddy is a good idea.

Where on Earth can I find either of these items? ASUS's store is forever "out of stock check back soon" and a month of looking via internet searches brings me to places who claim to have them and and also magically out of stock?
2 REPLIES 2

JRd1st
Level 12
Look here - http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=1627
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

xeromist
The touchpad issue is hardware related. There is tape and glue on the back that causes erratic behavior. So far the only confirmed permanent fix is to remove the tape and clean all of the residue off.

Provantage lists the battery as special order but it looks like you can order it. It might just take a bit longer. Have you tried there?
http://www.provantage.com/asus-90-ny81b1000y~7ASUL0RR.htm
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…