cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery does not go over 87% G751JT

Ibragim
Level 7
I have an issue with the battery, It says that my batter only 87% (plugged in,charging), even though I left it for a long
time.
Hopefully that someone could provide help for me.
6 REPLIES 6

Redblacky
Level 7
Ibragim wrote:
I have an issue with the battery, It says that my batter only 87% (plugged in,charging), even though I left it for a long
time.
Hopefully that someone could provide help for me.

Did u find a fix for this?

Bump same problem

warryabel
Level 7
wasting time...change battery(they named it "dead"):cool:

Wow nice necro lol. Unfortunately these batteries are of low quality, many have the same problem. They will lose their capacity at a steady rate no matter what.

Rares95
Level 8
My G751JT battery is as good as new. I mostly kept my laptop plugged in though.

8 cells in a G751 battery, 1 cell dies (12.5%), that will leave you with 87% battery max. At least you didn't lose everything, only 1 cell's capacity.

Thanks for the info. well at least you can find them somewhat cheap.

JustinThyme
Level 13
You have a bad cell. Time for a new battery. The vendor that supplied the cells for the G751 Series machines has had a pretty high failure rate. If you use the search feature you will see no fewer than 100 threads with the same problem.

Food for thought
These machines are not in any sense of the word a laptop, they are huge heavy desktop replacements with battery life that even when good is bad. They are meant to be used plugged in.

These batteries are not Nicad. They do not form a memory, you do not need to disccharge them then recharge them. They are lithium polymer chemistry, the only thing on the market capable of putting out the required power to run them. Every time you do a discharge that is one less discharge you have on the batteries lifespan.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein