cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly Purchased X99 Deluxe

dminches
Level 7
I just finished assembling my system which includes the X99 Deluxe/3.1 and an i7-5930k. There are tons of BIOS settings available. What is the best resource to explain each of them and what some recommended settings are? I am willing to do the research instead of asking a tons of initial questions.
6 REPLIES 6

Praz
Level 13

dminches
Level 7
ASUS' BIOS allows for it to control some of the overclocking automatically. Is it preferrable to set all the overclocking settings manually?

dminches wrote:
ASUS' BIOS allows for it to control some of the overclocking automatically. Is it preferrable to set all the overclocking settings manually?

not if you don't know what you're doing. Start with the automatic settings then if you need to fine tune it would be easier otherwise you are looking at a minimum of 4 hours of work and research if you wanna do it all manually

dminches wrote:

For an average user who's looking for a 24/7 overclock, you only need to move the CPU multiplier and Vcore. ASUS has done a pretty good job to setup the rest of the parameters automatically.

Chino wrote:
For an average user who's looking for a 24/7 overclock, you only need to move the CPU multiplier and Vcore. ASUS has done a pretty good job to setup the rest of the parameters automatically.

Are you saying I can use one of Asus' automatic settings but override the CPU multiplier and Vcore? I have been trying to see where others have landed on overclocking the 5930k. The sweet spot seems to be 4.5GHz / 1.32 Vcore. I don't have a need to push this to the end of stability.