cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are all these utilities/drivers for on the X-99 Deluxe?

matrixleader
Level 8
Hi there,

Can someone explain to me what are all these utilities/drivers and what do they do on the ASUS Support page and what is actually needed and what isn't?

1) ARP Utility

2) Asmedia SATA Controller Driver, so this motherboard has to SATA controllers one is Intel and one is Asmedia? Why in the world would one use the inferior Asmedia SATA controller? to connect other devices maybe like BD-ROM Drivers and such where performance doesn't matter?

3) ASUS AI Suite 3

4) ASUS Boot Setting

5) ASUS PC Diagnostics

6) ASUS Probe II Sense Driver

7) Bios Renamer for USB BIOS Flashback and Crashfree BIOS 2

😎 Bupdater Utility

9) Disk Unlocker

10) Turbo LAN
2 REPLIES 2

JebusCrisco
Level 7
The only thing you 100% need are the various device drivers. The rest are utilities for managing your hardware from within the operating system. Most of these same functions can be achieved in UEFI before you boot into your OS. Checked out the Read Me files for each application to figure out if it's worth installing to you.

JebusCrisco wrote:
The only thing you 100% need are the various device drivers. The rest are utilities for managing your hardware from within the operating system. Most of these same functions can be achieved in UEFI before you boot into your OS. Checked out the Read Me files for each application to figure out if it's worth installing to you.

Right, but I was hoping that someone who tried them can explain what each one does in a bit more detail