Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by mitchy1690 View Post
    I tried changing the settings of the volume leveler and the compressor in the sonic studio and nothing fixes it.
    It was never broken in the first place. The compressor being off is what you want. It gives the full dynamics of what the developers of the games you're playing that they originally intended for. Use the headphone amp setting if you can't drive your headphones at even the max volume otherwise leave it alone.

You don't need a volume leveler or compressor (which simply degrades the sound quality anyway). Dolby Home Theater V4 stupidly has that on by default (which is quite stupid). You ain't getting that feature back with the new driver.

If you like don't like it then go back to the old driver or find something that wrecks the dynamic range that you like using (which is not what the developers of the games you play intended for).

If you're playing games where you're speaking with others then try adjusting in the game settings until the voice of the players are just loud enough to be heard clearly but the game audio such as sound effects and music are below it but the audio of the players chatting don't drown out the game. It should blend nicely. Try spectator mode to get a feel for that first. If there's a mix option for headphones, use it. If not use the stereo option.
    Last edited by SoundMan; 04-02-2016 at 11:53 PM.

ROG Member Array

My only problem is the new driver isn't as loud as this new one, i have turned the volume leveler on and off and it's still louder than the sonic studio with its compressor on and off

I don't need them on as i don't care for them, i just wanted to know why it doesn't sound as loud without having to put more gain to drive my audio technicas.

Again i have turned the volume leveler off, played games, listened to music and spoke to friends on ts, installed this new driver and on default settings it isn't as loud, i've played with the settings and still cant match the sound.
    maybe it's something else on my end, i'll boot into safemode and uninstall the driver and remove all folders

ROG Member Array

Found another problem, I'm also using a sennheiser Game One headset which i can lift the mic up till it click's and that's it muted but with this driver it doesn't mute the mic.

I'm currently uninstalling this driver and trying old version's

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by mitchy1690 View Post
    Found another problem, I'm also using a sennheiser Game One headset which i can lift the mic up till it click's and that's it muted but with this driver it doesn't mute the mic.

I'm currently uninstalling this driver and trying old version's
    What? Your headset may have it's own mute button but how the heck is it supposed to mute the sound card's mic input? That's not possible. Do you even have the slightest idea how that stuff is supposed to work? What you said makes zero sense.

It sounds like you're confusing USB headsets with PCI Express Sound Cards.

How is the sound card going to know what your headset's current state is? That makes no sense.

ROG Member Array

Zero idea lol.

When i put my headphones into the controller unit it mutes the mic in the unit so the the mic on my headset is in control and has it's own mute which is lifting the mic till i hear a click

I found out that the latest firmware doesn't turn the mic off in the controller unit when i plug my mic into it, testing it with Teamspeak i muted my own mic and started talking and could help myself in the test then i ran my finger on top of the controller unit
    and it picked up alot of noise, i tried turning noise gate off and on which didn't help at all.

So yes i do have an idea of how thing's work maybe you don't have the slightest idea what i'm talking about, probably my fault that i didn't explain it better but i didn't know what was causing it.

Again, it's the mic on the controller unit, I can't turn it off and that's why i thought my mic wouldn't mute i have gone back to older firmware and it work's perfect
    Last edited by mitchy1690; 04-05-2016 at 08:50 AM.

ROG Member Array kanedauy PC Specs
    kanedauy PC Specs
    MotherboardMSI Z77 MPOWER
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-3770K 4.2GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair DDR3 16GB 1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1eVGA GTX 670 2GB (No OC)
    Graphics Card #2eVGA GTX 670 2GB (No OC)
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorBenq Xl2420TE
    Storage #1RAID(0) 2x OCZ Vertex 3
    Power SupplyAntec TruePower Quattro 1200W
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64Bits

Any news about the no beta version?

Ex-employee Array

New Phoebus driver (v4.28) is available that targets Netflix issue, however this version is with Classic UI and not the new Sonic Studio UI.

https://www.asus.com/us/Sound-Cards/...Desk_Download/

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Rewerend PC Specs
    Rewerend PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula - Z
    ProcessorAMD FX-9370
    Memory (part number)2 x KHX23C11T3K2/8X
    Graphics Card #1R9 Fury X 4gb Sapphire
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSAMSUNG U28E590D 28" uHD + freeSync
    Storage #1Samsung SSD EVO 540 250Gb
    Storage #2Seagate 7200.14 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H105
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II
    Power SupplyENERMAX ERV1000EWT-G Revolution87+ 1000W Gold
    Keyboard Microsoft SideWinder X6
    Mouse Saitek MAD CATZ R.A.T. 7
    Headset Asus ROG Orion
    Mouse Pad Steel Series PAD
    Headset/Speakers Genius Home Theather SW 5.1
    OS MS Windows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-N18U
    Accessory #1 Zalman ZM-MFC3 FAN/TEMP CONTROLLER

Hello Bahz, can you explain us this note: that all the software DSP functions (Dolby/DTS/Xear) will not function with this driver?

So the only news are the Netflix fix and removing the old functions?

What about next driver? Will be without functions, will be with old or new ui?
    Last edited by Rewerend; 04-29-2016 at 06:37 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    New Phoebus driver (v4.28) is available that targets Netflix issue, however this version is with Classic UI and not the new Sonic Studio UI.

https://www.asus.com/us/Sound-Cards/...Desk_Download/
    What about DDL? Is it still not avilable?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Heh, xear is one of the things this card was good with and they've removed it, LOL. It's getting worse and worse with each iteration. What's next, they'll remove the possibility to control the volume? Man, i should start saving up for a creative card...

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast