Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I really like the new interface. But please include Dolby Home Theatre and everyone will be happy. Without DHT the sound isn't that great. And the build in Surround in Sonic Studio is a joke.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by JonInVA View Post
    Installed Beta version 1.1.3, still no luck with the Windows 10 Netflix app.
    I believe this version is just targeting the new Sonic Studio software, although the fix for netflix is already available through another beta version, I'm not sure if this version included this fix. I'll find out from our audio team and let you know.

Ex-employee Array

DHT will not be available in future driver version and also includes most other Dolby features due to licensing restrictions.

DDL was removed in earlier version because Windows 10 doesn't have support for it. If Microsoft decides to change this and in the future this feature is supported again then we'll add it back in our future drivers.

Our goal is to create a new Sonic Studio version which will resemble as closely as possible to the previous Sonic Studio version, but this will take some time so I hope everyone can be patient with us as we work hard to achieve this goal.

Thanks,
    Bahz
    Last edited by Bahz; 02-26-2016 at 07:26 AM.

ROG Member Array kentukky PC Specs
    kentukky PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Sabertooth P67
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 2600K (4.4Ghz)
    Memory (part number)Kingston DDR3 8GB (1333Mhz)
    Graphics Card #1Asus GeForce GTX 680 DCII
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung P2770H
    Storage #1Samsung 830 SSD (128Gb)
    Storage #2WD Black (1Tb)
    CPU CoolerAlpenfoehn Himalaya
    CaseCooler Master CM620 II Advanced (Nvidia)
    Power SupplyFSP 700W
    Keyboard Genius
    Mouse A4Tech X7
    OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)

Hey Bahz, how is the progress with the channel mismatch issue? We're still waiting for a fix, since 2012. =)

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post

DDL was removed in earlier version because Windows 10 doesn't have support for it. If Microsoft decides to change this and in the future this feature is supported again then we'll add it back in our future drivers.
    Been fixed in the threshold 2 (1511) update.

EDIT: Do you know if the team plans to make the virtual surround into real surround simulation in the sonic studio? By that i mean to make it fool windows into thinking it's outputting sound through a "real" 5.1/7.1 system instead of stereo? Because pretty much every game out there uses autodetection and doesn't let us the choice of audio output.
    Last edited by Glasofruix; 02-26-2016 at 12:30 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    DHT will not be available in future driver version and also includes most other Dolby features due to licensing restrictions.

Our goal is to create a new Sonic Studio version which will resemble as closely as possible to the previous Sonic Studio version, but this will take some time so I hope everyone can be patient with us as we work hard to achieve this goal.

Thanks,
    Bahz
    wow so no Dolby home theater anymore?
    it is supposed sonic studio to deliver better sound and true 5.1 and not some virtual surround?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Florin's Avatar

This driver makes the Phoebus sound crappier than an onboard sound card, the only thing that keeps the card sound good is Dolby Home Theater and this driver removes DHT... not going to use this... it`s a big downgrade in sound.
    i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

ROG Enthusiast Array

Agreed Dolby home theater and Dolby digital live is the stongest features that this card has!
    as an admin you should send the the team a message suggest them to work with this features since theres no problem due to licensing restrictions
    in windows 10 future insider builds..

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Huh, imho DHT makes the sound worse, not better.

ROG Member Array

At least, when removing DHT give us something in Sonic Studio or as plugin to get similiar results as with DHT.

Like said, the interface is good but there is really something missing. Also the profiles aren't that great. I don't see any reason why Reverb should be enabled by default.

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast