Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 307
  1. #271
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Ddl

    Quote Originally Posted by Knave Knight View Post
    I'm quite concerned about the lack of DDL - I intend to use a home theater setup that has built in DD decoding to get 5.1 surround but in order to do that, my Phoebus has to output DDL. Your own solutions won't help this, would it? How would the Asus solution tell my setup which speaker to output sound over 5.1?
    It might be possible to get DDL working with older drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZL0I

    Try to install version ROG Xonar Phoebus driver for Windows 7 7.0.1.35, windows 7 compatibility mode.

    This worked for me on a non-Insider Windows 10 Pro (10586.318). I used the "new" drivers' installer to remove the previous drivers (the latest Beta). I exited the driver installation without selecting the Restart option and then Restarted. Dolby and Xear etc. all working. Netflix working too and no need to turn off protected audio. No pop-up objections from Windows either. DDL option is now there, but I can't test it. Surely ASUS should start with these drivers if they're developing Windows 10 drivers? The task appears to already be 99% complete. Sorry for cross-posting but ...

  2. #272
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoSaidThat View Post
    It might be possible to get DDL working with older drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZL0I

    Try to install version ROG Xonar Phoebus driver for Windows 7 7.0.1.35, windows 7 compatibility mode.

    This worked for me on a non-Insider Windows 10 Pro (10586.318). I used the "new" drivers' installer to remove the previous drivers (the latest Beta). I exited the driver installation without selecting the Restart option and then Restarted. Dolby and Xear etc. all working. Netflix working too and no need to turn off protected audio. No pop-up objections from Windows either. DDL option is now there, but I can't test it. Surely ASUS should start with these drivers if they're developing Windows 10 drivers? The task appears to already be 99% complete. Sorry for cross-posting but ...
    I used the Windows 7 drivers like you mentioned, and DDL live seems to work! My receiver displays the Phoebus output as DDL now (but only when sound is playing), even though I am using Windows 10. The DDL test option in Windows Control Panel works too even with Asus' Windows 10 drivers, so it's not a Windows issue anymore.

  3. #273
    ROG Enthusiast Array Sneeky PC Specs
    Sneeky PC Specs
    MotherboardHero vii
    Processorintel 4690k
    Memory (part number)16 gig avexir core red DDR3 2133
    Graphics Card #1asus strix 980
    Sound CardRog Phoebus
    MonitorROG SWIFT PG278Q
    Storage #1samsung evo 850 250gig
    Storage #2WD black 1TB
    CPU Coolercorsair h100i gtx
    Casephanteks Enthoo pro
    Power Supplycorsair HXi 750
    Keyboard cougar 700k
    Mouse cougar 700m
    Headset Qpad QH90
    Headset/Speakers Edifier S760D
    OS win10 pro x64

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    62

    Still no new drivers from ASUS

  4. #274
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Knave Knight View Post
    I used the Windows 7 drivers like you mentioned, and DDL live seems to work! My receiver displays the Phoebus output as DDL now (but only when sound is playing), even though I am using Windows 10. The DDL test option in Windows Control Panel works too even with Asus' Windows 10 drivers, so it's not a Windows issue anymore.
    DDL with Windows 10 driver doesn't work, only Windows 7/8/8.1 drivers have confirmed to work on Windows 10 but there are some other issues when using driver compatbility mode.

    EDIT: driver version 4.24 does actually have DDL support.
    Last edited by Bahz; 07-27-2016 at 03:56 AM.

  5. #275
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    I apologize but currently there are still no new updates for the next driver, I'll continue to push from my end and I'll update once I have anything new to share.

  6. #276
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    I'm wondering all those who are using the first Phoebus driver (Windows 8.1) driver still with Dolby support, what are the main bugs you're experiencing when using this version? Also for those who are using even older Windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode. I need to reflect the issues to our audio team as they claim that for those who still want Dolby support in Windows 10, that using non-Windows 10 drivers, there are no major bugs. I need to collect all the bug reports and report back to them to further analyze and see if there's a new version we can come up with which can address all these additional bugs.

  7. #277
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    272

    Win 10 anniversary update is also quite near i hope you guys have been testing your stuff with the insider program, because it may very well break a lot of things again.

    As for me i'm still using 8.0.1.35 a-volute 1.08, the only real bug for me (as i have no use for ddl) is that the noise cancelling feature with the control thingy doesn't work. There's also a list of missing features such as bass redirection, dts etc...

  8. #278
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Exclamation Enough being nice.

    Ok, so we saw that by asking nicely, nothing has changed, no new drivers, supposedly no DDL support, blablabla.

    How many of you guys have been waiting on that new driver delivery?

    If we can reach a few dozens, I will start a class action as the "lead" plaintiff if needed.
    Regarding the price of that amazing sound card, it will be pretty easy to go through and justify our anger.

    If I get enough answer in here, I might start a poll in order to have a brief idea on how many people might be interested.

    Bring your friends, family, pets and make some noise. Strength in Numbers.

    PS: For the one who wonders how does that work, http://www.classaction.org/learn/how-to-start
    Last edited by TheRealNox; 07-25-2016 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Grammar

  9. #279
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Glasofruix View Post
    Win 10 anniversary update is also quite near i hope you guys have been testing your stuff with the insider program, because it may very well break a lot of things again.

    As for me i'm still using 8.0.1.35 a-volute 1.08, the only real bug for me (as i have no use for ddl) is that the noise cancelling feature with the control thingy doesn't work. There's also a list of missing features such as bass redirection, dts etc...
    Thanks for listing out the bugs and missing features, any other minor features that are missing that you can think about, please do let me know.

  10. #280
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    41

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNox View Post
    Ok, so we saw that by asking nicely, nothing has changed, no new drivers, supposedly no DDL support, blablabla.

    How many of you guys have been waiting on that new driver delivery?

    If we can reach a few dozens, I will start a class action as the "lead" plaintiff if needed.
    Regarding the price of that amazing sound card, it will be pretty easy to go through and justify our anger.

    If I get enough answer in here, I might start a poll in order to have a brief idea on how many people might be interested.

    Bring your friends, family, pets and make some noise. Strength in Numbers.

    PS: For the one who wonders how does that work, http://www.classaction.org/learn/how-to-start
    Thanks for making my day. LOL. Why do I get the feeling that the judge would probably laugh and throw the case out? If you're going to sue a company you might want to pick your battles wisely. I don't see much of a lawsuit there.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •