Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Namod View Post
    Hi, yes 4.24.
    I see. I'll give it a try thanks. Wonder why they took it out in the latest beta.

New ROGer Array

Lightbulb urgent!

Quote Originally Posted by Wollowon View Post
    New Windows 10 driver working fine.

Quality : Not Perfect but Useable.

Thanks Asus
    May I know why quality is not perfect?
    I have a chance to buy one phobeus por 55€, is a good buy? I use Windows10.
    I know actually they release a new beta driver, well I wonder if its a good buy for 55€ or strix raid is better chouice. You know strix raid is updated and cheaper but phobeus still is a expensive card, so Im in the fence.
    *Note I will use headphones only.

Thanks.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Uh, is it me or the drivers containing sonic studio just disappeared from the support page.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Glasofruix View Post
    Uh, is it me or the drivers containing sonic studio just disappeared from the support page.
    As i said in my other reply, Asus want Sonic Studio exclusive for Strix sound cards so all Phoebus drivers are back to old style UI.

Quote Originally Posted by mokopoko View Post
    May I know why quality is not perfect?
    I have a chance to buy one phobeus por 55€, is a good buy? I use Windows10.
    I know actually they release a new beta driver, well I wonder if its a good buy for 55€ or strix raid is better chouice. You know strix raid is updated and cheaper but phobeus still is a expensive card, so Im in the fence.
    *Note I will use headphones only.

Thanks.
    Don't know what kind of equipment you have but you need something pretty decent to make out a difference between the Phoebus and Strix Raid. Strix DLX would be an "upgrade" over the Phoebus but if you ask me not worth the price.
    No matter if you choose the Phoebus or Strix the software/driver support will be pretty much non existent from Asus. Personally i would go with an Asus card that is supported by the UNi Xonar project. Personally i received more support and quick replies from CarvedInside in a month time then i did from Asus support in the last 15 years.
    Or better even go with an external solution like the Objective2 if you only use headphones anyway.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Tuoni View Post
    As i said in my other reply, Asus want Sonic Studio exclusive for Strix sound cards so all Phoebus drivers are back to old style UI.
    Would be the case if they didn't advertise sonic studio on the phoebus' product page, taking drivers down is not a good thing, no matter the reasons.

New ROGer Array

Don't know what kind of equipment you have but you need something pretty decent to make out a difference between the Phoebus and Strix Raid. Strix DLX would be an "upgrade" over the Phoebus but if you ask me not worth the price.
    No matter if you choose the Phoebus or Strix the software/driver support will be pretty much non existent from Asus. Personally i would go with an Asus card that is supported by the UNi Xonar project. Personally i received more support and quick replies from CarvedInside in a month time then i did from Asus support in the last 15 years.
    Or better even go with an external solution like the Objective2 if you only use headphones anyway.
    Thanks but too late because finally I bought it (xonar phoebus) and already got it here working. I hope that It was a good buy for 55€ like new. Im using it with hd598se headphones, I think its working good.
    I wonder if there are something which doesnt work good in windows10 (despite that software they removed). I think that ROG software and dolby theater is working good.
    Also I wonder if there is a risk when I use the amplifier with the headphones. I dont want to ruin the headphones, sometimes seems that headphones vibrates. Thanks

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by mokopoko View Post
    Thanks but too late because finally I bought it (xonar phoebus) and already got it here working. I hope that It was a good buy for 55€ like new. Im using it with hd598se headphones, I think its working good.
    I wonder if there are something which doesnt work good in windows10 (despite that software they removed). I think that ROG software and dolby theater is working good.
    Also I wonder if there is a risk when I use the amplifier with the headphones. I dont want to ruin the headphones, sometimes seems that headphones vibrates. Thanks
    Guess it's a decent buy for €55
    Personally i would have put that money towards a CMI8788 based card so you have the UNi Xonar driver project support. On top of my head the HD598se is 50 ohm impedance which is riding the limit what the Phoebus can drive properly without amp. I ditched my Phoebus a long time ago and went for an Essence STX II (best decision ever) as my all-round multimedia driver so i can't remember all the details on top of my head but I'm pretty confident that the HD 598se will sound better with amp enabled on the Phoebus. You don't ruin the HD598se that easily if you enable the amp unless you drive some insane volume levels.
    have to say that I'm surprised that you mention that your Sennheiser seem to vibrate... are you absolutely sure that the headphones vibrate? I've used and owned Sennheiser headphones from 20 euro to 1000 euro and not a single one ever vibrated at any volume level whatsoever. You might want to return it and get a replacement (Sennheiser support is very good in my experience) as those headphones are obviously not suppose to vibrate. Never say never of course but i very rarely hear or read about fabrication quality issues with Sennheiser., especially in the more enthusiast range.

New ROGer Array

So you payed the premium (mainly) for the ROG branding and for the analog components used in the Phoebus en then you (mainly want to) use it to throw DDL over S/PDIF..... now THAT is completely beyond me.
    You can get DDL over S/PDIF with the Xonar DX for less then 1/3 of the price of the Phoebus with the added bonus that the DX is supported by the UNi Xonar driver project. The Phoebus is dead in the water if you ask me. Since were talking digital signal here quality of the components is also a non issue. All though the DX is not all that bad to begin with considering its price point.

Digital lossless multi-channel audio from a PC is only going to happen over HDMI which you don't need a sound card for in the first place.
    I'm confused about your wishes/desires for a sound card and the sound card you eventually went for.
    Sound over HDMI sadly only works if there is also a display connected to that HDMI port and that display has to be active (part of the windows desktop). This isn't exactly working for me. My main display is a 30" DELL display with DP connection. My secondary monitors have DVI. At no point am I willig to pass the display signal over a 10m HDMI cable to the AV receiver just to get the audio extracted and then over another 10m HDMI cable back to the display. This is 1. an absurd amount of unnecessary cabling and 2. a potential reason for display lag due to processing the signal at the receiver. I could use a dummy display over HDMI just for audio, but that requires that this dummy display is part of the windows desktop, which is undesireable at best for an unused display.

Maybe I'll check out if the Win10 drivers for the DX work any better regarding DDL and if so, I'll switch to that card and ditch the Phoebus.
    Given the track record of asus supporting older hardware with drivers (or the lack thereof), buying an older sound card (the DX is older than the Phoebus) didn't made much sense back then when I bought the Phoebus. The Phoebus was the only ROG card in their lineup and I was under the false impression that ASUS cared more about their ROG products than the other stuff they make. I should've gone with the Creative card instead. At least they have a working driver out by now.

ROG Member Array DaDevilfreak PC Specs
    DaDevilfreak PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VI Hero (C2)
    ProcessorIntel Core i5-4670K @ 4,6GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C9
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0
    Sound CardAsus ROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorAsus VG248QE
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    CPU CoolerThermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Special Edition
    CaseCooler Master Storm Trooper
    Power Supplybe quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W ATX 2.31
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB MX-Red
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    Headset Kingston HyperX Cloud Black
    Mouse Pad Steelseries 9HD
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Home 1511 x64
    Network RouterAVM FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by DaDevilfreak View Post
    Nice find. Thanks. Installing now...

Edit: Nope! Same useless crap as always!

DDL isn't even included in the driver.
    The sample rate bug is still present: Everything other than 44.1 KHz or 88.2 KHz over SP/DIF isn't working, at least not for long before it starts cracking and stuttering and suddenly fail completely.
    What a mess and a huge dissapointment.

They even do not mark this driver as beta, so that might be the one for the next 3 years.
    Last edited by Bubblebob; 12-12-2015 at 01:45 AM.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast