New ROGer Array

Asus ROG G750JS doesn't boot

Hi,
    last summer I bought ans Asus ROG G750JS. It worked very well until I made an update on it.
    I am not the best in technology so I probably did something wrong and now It doesn't even want to boot up.
    I don't care if i loose all of my data during the repair process.
    Do you guys have a solution?
    Thanks
    Raphael

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Maxter's Avatar

what were you updating? if it was the BIOS and power went off, then you have paperweight. If you were updating windows and it went off, probably files corrupted. If you don't mind data loss, do a full restore then.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Maxter View Post
    what were you updating? if it was the BIOS and power went off, then you have paperweight. If you were updating windows and it went off, probably files corrupted. If you don't mind data loss, do a full restore then.
    No, I was only doing normal Windows updates I get every now and then. Do I have to clean my drive completely or only remove my files?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Maxter's Avatar

You can, alternatively, use a boot CD to gain access to your hard drive and get the important files out. If you don't really care for them, start recovery from boot. I don't remember what button to press... it is ESC, F2, F8, F9 or F10 immediately after you start the computer (before the ROG logo). This will take you to the "restore system" options. NOTE: this will erase everything on your computer and re-set it to "out-of-the-box" state.

New ROGer Array

Yeah thanks I got to that menu while pressing the F9 key. Now, do I remove my files only or clean my drive? Which one is the best for the time/effectiveness?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

After pressing F9 and when at the Options menu, select Troubleshoot--> Reset your PC--> Only the drive where Windows is installed--> Just remove my files.

How to refresh or reset system on Windows 8 pre-installed Notebook PC ?
    http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1003728

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Man screw updates. It happened with my JS. So now i turned off ****ty updates