cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G750JS doesn't boot

RaphCim
Level 7
Hi,
last summer I bought ans Asus ROG G750JS. It worked very well until I made an update on it.
I am not the best in technology so I probably did something wrong and now It doesn't even want to boot up.
I don't care if i loose all of my data during the repair process.
Do you guys have a solution?
Thanks 😄
Raphael
7 REPLIES 7

Maxter
Level 9
what were you updating? if it was the BIOS and power went off, then you have paperweight. If you were updating windows and it went off, probably files corrupted. If you don't mind data loss, do a full restore then.

No, I was only doing normal Windows updates you get every now and then. Do I have to do a full clean of my drive or only remove my files?

Maxter wrote:
what were you updating? if it was the BIOS and power went off, then you have paperweight. If you were updating windows and it went off, probably files corrupted. If you don't mind data loss, do a full restore then.

No, I was only doing normal Windows updates I get every now and then. Do I have to clean my drive completely or only remove my files?

Maxter
Level 9
You can, alternatively, use a boot CD to gain access to your hard drive and get the important files out. If you don't really care for them, start recovery from boot. I don't remember what button to press... it is ESC, F2, F8, F9 or F10 immediately after you start the computer (before the ROG logo). This will take you to the "restore system" options. NOTE: this will erase everything on your computer and re-set it to "out-of-the-box" state.

RaphCim
Level 7
Yeah thanks I got to that menu while pressing the F9 key. Now, do I remove my files only or clean my drive? Which one is the best for the time/effectiveness?

redduc900
Level 9
After pressing F9 and when at the Options menu, select Troubleshoot--> Reset your PC--> Only the drive where Windows is installed--> Just remove my files.

How to refresh or reset system on Windows 8 pre-installed Notebook PC ?
http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1003728
Laptop: Asus G750JZ

amirzubair80
Level 9
Man screw updates. It happened with my JS. So now i turned off ****ty updates