cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G751JY GTX 980M overclock Msi afterburner

diogogmaio
Level 7
Hey guys

What overclock u guys have on asus g751jy and gtx 980m combo?
I know that a few nvidia drivers made it impossible but i think now is possible. Can someone share some stable not over the top clocks?
Thanks. I am using msi afterburner
11 REPLIES 11

joshindaphils
Level 11
diogogmaio wrote:
Hey guys

What overclock u guys have on asus g751jy and gtx 980m combo?
I know that a few nvidia drivers made it impossible but i think now is possible. Can someone share some stable not over the top clocks?
Thanks. I am using msi afterburner

I'm using Afterburner as well. I have a +110 on core, and +275 on memory. This is inside what was stable using stress test and benchmarks. It is perhaps a bit conservative, but I wanted thermal room when I am not running my AC.

I have a -60mv undervolt on my CPU/cache with all multipliers and powermax set to max values.

Playing GTA 5 with GeForce Experience optimal settings my temps hover around the mid 70s for GPU and CPU.

how to -60mv undervolt on my CPU/cache with all multipliers and powermax set to max values.

Boxis
Level 7
@jiol - Check this picture, you will see what to do after you open Intel XTU, just be sure you dont undervolt too much. Start with like -25mv, test system for a while then keep increasing the undervolt until your system crashes or freezes.
http://s27.postimg.org/vpirqqj6r/xtu.jpg

On topic - running +74/+200 for a few months nonstop and so far had no issues.

@ boxis really thanks, I set -40 mV core v. and -50 mV cache v. Now the temperatures are 57 gpu and 65 CPU
multipliers to default
msi afterb. +74 +200
I played a battlefield 4 to 60 fp no problem for the moment.
to have the same temperature of the GPU I have to lower a bit the core and cache?

Boxis
Level 7
Your GPU/CPU temps seems to be perfect, so there is no point to undervolt further. If you mean lowering CPU core and cache multipliers, yes, if you lower them you will get better temps but again, there is no point in doing so.

jiol
Level 7
ok, thanks.

pleasure to have met you

fidelity101
Level 7
No more updates on this? I gave up on the ASUS overclocking program as it kept crashing so I'm using MSI Afterburner. I have the Core Clock set to +109 and the Memory Clock up to +295. Seems to be working pretty well but time so far. I'll have to run GTA 5 and see what the temperatures are like.

fidelity101
Level 7
Played GTA 5 and my CPU went to 87C while my 870M GPU went to 77C max after 30 minutes of game play.

I was playing with the CPU overclocking earlier so I decided to drop them back down to below stock with the below settings and my CPU never exceeded 80C after another 30 minutes of game play.

33x,33x,32x,32x, -80mV Core Voltage Offset, -80mV Cache Voltage Offset. All else stock. These settings seem to really help keep things cool and the game isn't very CPU intensive so it was never an issue. Prior to this I was running 36x, 35x, 34x, 34x, 50w/60w Turbo Boost Power, 90A Processor Current Limit, -60mV Core Voltage Offset, -60mV Cache Voltage Offset.

Hopefully someone finds this helpful. I still need to research and find the max safer operating temperature for the CPU and GPU as 87C seems high but the fan never went on full blast.

Weirdoutworld
Level 7
Big thanks to everybody in this thread. Helping me get a better understanding of xtu. Its overwhelming at first ha.