cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions about my new G751JY

Vythica
Level 7
Hey all

First of all, I love this laptop. It is a beast. I purchased it about 3 weeks ago. Been very happy with it so far, had no issues.

Full specs
I7-4870HQ 2.5 (3.7)
32GB Ram
256gb SSD/1 TB HD 7200
GTX 980M.
DVD Drive, not Blue-Ray (Got a ps4 for that xD)

CPU Runs at 69/70c on Witcher 3 with all Ultra, apart from Nvidia hairworks.

I have a few questions if someone could just make it more simple for me.

1. What is G-Sync?.... and does mine support it? I just watched a video on youtube with a newer model of mine with G-sync stickers on it? Mine does not have those? Guess i just missed a newer model?
Does G-sync make anything better for me ?

2. Is it possible to OC the CPU/GPU higher on these? Without cooking them? I seen a few on other Models, but none on the 980 or 4870

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

smallj53
Level 7
Hi Vythica,

I'm not as knowledgeable as some here, but now that it seems that no one is going to reply, I'll give it a go. Your cpu is fine at those temps, my G751jy runs higher than that running BF$ and Skyrim with 600 plus mods.

Everyone is all in an uproar about G-sync. Maybe that's why your thread isn't getting much attention. I would say that if your machine has no stickers on it, you are probably out of luck. But you probably paid less than what they ask for for these lappies with the stickers AND there will probably be a hack to give G-sync to us other unfortunates.

Do a search for overclocking and you will get lots to read in short order. I have never had much luck, so I don't bother. But these laptops are sold at a premium for a reason so have at it!

Thanks for the Reply!

I Felt a noob after posting and then reading all about the G-sync issues. Kinda ....feel meh you pay 2000 Euros for mine, brand new and need to pay 2000 Euros for a new one just like mine
but has G-sync? lol.....Guess i will sign the petition.

I will resort to googling for the 4780HQ /GTX 980M Ocing i guess. Thanks again!