Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    New ROGer Array

Just bought a Asus G74SX-RH71 last nov 26, 2011, upgraded ram to 16GB.. loved it ever since i bought it..

planning also on buying an 512gb SSD.. just searching if theres available here..
    ASUS G74SX-RH71 Intel Quad Core i7-2670QM (2.20GHz) Processor, 17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) LED Display, 16GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory, 750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive, DVD Super Multi Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M 3GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by asasila1983 View Post
    planning also on buying an 512gb SSD.. just searching if theres available here..
    If you use the secondary drive for data, you really wouldn't need a 512Gb SSD. You could save a lot of money by using a more reasonable 120-160Gb SSD system drive.

New ROGer Array

"...ENJOY WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD!!..." A.E. -a "relativity" model subplanted by his girl

This is my very first insertion into this interesting world of blogging. My budget to buy a laptop that had "character", a little "pizazz” and “sparkle” to entice my appetite was $1200.00 CDN (tax in). I eventually found one that fit my financial plan exactly to the penny. The full 360 degree two year all inclusive warrantee provided by ASUS with perhaps the potential to attach an “extended” period at some time in the future will assure me that at least until the New Year 2014 my modest investment was practical.

So, enough of that sort of downgrading – the internet is flooded already with so much disgruntled remarks toward an industry that by now you all know only produces wares so that the product-line will eventually, if not immediately default to the inspired technocrat always sitting in the wings to find fault and/or some sort of disfavor to justify its discoloring remarks to warrant the marketing team of the next generation of machines to find just the right kind of language in promoting [ALWAYS] its NEXT “better” unit than the one already sitting in front of you/me barely, and freshly out of the box. For me, it is simply a gratuitous toy and instrument to make my leisure time to play, and my work-flow a little more gratifying with an anticipated small measure of reward in the process.

My apologies are however in order. I did not sign on to reply specifically in a rant response to appease the procrastinator of such disheartened news concerning one’s own, personal misfortune and experiences which I hope that/those individuals will find some sort of solace in finding a solution to raise up their spirits. Nevertheless, here goes my real reason for joining this blog site.

I am green and NEW to the laptop that I have just very recently purchased. I need some real advice from the community experienced in these things on how to begin to understand the mechanics and workings of such a seemingly powerful system. For instance, I have discovered that a file on the desktop called “eManual” is helpful for me to understand and guide me through certain, yet to discover CPU processes. What I would like to do, and I am lost as to how to accomplish the task, is how find and upload that file [“eManual”] into a PDF format to eventually place into my iPHONE [iBook PDF shelf], where I have other PDF documents for reference stored, for easy access. Comments from anyone to this regard would be appreciated. Thank you. Respectfully yours, WAVEFORM. [p.s. quikly typed, so spelling/gramatical errors may be present]

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Welcome. This isn't really a blog site, but a forum for seeking help and exchanging information about these products. So when you have questions, I'm sure other owners in the community will try to help.

In the eManul folder (in Programs (x86), I believe), there's a .pdf version of the User's manual.

New ROGer Array

Thank you

Thank you. The eMANUAL is now in my iPHONE [iBOOKS-PDF] Library.
    Respectfully,

Waveform

New ROGer Array

Oh, one more favor

When I am ready to upload my "profile" picture, I could not find the means or ways in the "edit profile" section of this forum. Would you know how?

Waveform

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

The picture option may not be available until you have been here a few days and posted a while. It is an anti-spam measure.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyBoy View Post
    If you use the secondary drive for data, you really wouldn't need a 512Gb SSD. You could save a lot of money by using a more reasonable 120-160Gb SSD system drive.

Hmm thanks.. ill think about it.. but i need to find a store first XD im currently working here in kuwait so im still looking for stores selling internal hdd here..
    ASUS G74SX-RH71 Intel Quad Core i7-2670QM (2.20GHz) Processor, 17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) LED Display, 16GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory, 750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive, DVD Super Multi Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M 3GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by waveform View Post
    This is my very first insertion into this interesting world of blogging. My budget to buy a laptop that had "character", a little "pizazz” and “sparkle” to entice my appetite was $1200.00 CDN (tax in). I eventually found one that fit my financial plan exactly to the penny. The full 360 degree two year all inclusive warrantee provided by ASUS with perhaps the potential to attach an “extended” period at some time in the future will assure me that at least until the New Year 2014 my modest investment was practical.

So, enough of that sort of downgrading – the internet is flooded already with so much disgruntled remarks toward an industry that by now you all know only produces wares so that the product-line will eventually, if not immediately default to the inspired technocrat always sitting in the wings to find fault and/or some sort of disfavor to justify its discoloring remarks to warrant the marketing team of the next generation of machines to find just the right kind of language in promoting [ALWAYS] its NEXT “better” unit than the one already sitting in front of you/me barely, and freshly out of the box. For me, it is simply a gratuitous toy and instrument to make my leisure time to play, and my work-flow a little more gratifying with an anticipated small measure of reward in the process.

My apologies are however in order. I did not sign on to reply specifically in a rant response to appease the procrastinator of such disheartened news concerning one’s own, personal misfortune and experiences which I hope that/those individuals will find some sort of solace in finding a solution to raise up their spirits. Nevertheless, here goes my real reason for joining this blog site.

I am green and NEW to the laptop that I have just very recently purchased. I need some real advice from the community experienced in these things on how to begin to understand the mechanics and workings of such a seemingly powerful system. For instance, I have discovered that a file on the desktop called “eManual” is helpful for me to understand and guide me through certain, yet to discover CPU processes. What I would like to do, and I am lost as to how to accomplish the task, is how find and upload that file [“eManual”] into a PDF format to eventually place into my iPHONE [iBook PDF shelf], where I have other PDF documents for reference stored, for easy access. Comments from anyone to this regard would be appreciated. Thank you. Respectfully yours, WAVEFORM. [p.s. quikly typed, so spelling/gramatical errors may be present]
    WOW!!!
    Reading that about wore me out!!!
    Welcome to the community, Waveform.
    No one can accuse you of being a shortwave for sure!!!

KG
    ASUS Republic of Gamers G74SX-DH73-3D
    Intel 510 Series 250 GB SATA Version 3 2.5-Inch Solid-State Drive
    Dual Boot Windows 7 Ultimate/Fedora 16
    ASUS Zenbook UX31E-DH53 13.3-Inch Ultrabook

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

great thread...thank you all... a bit all over..

waveForm...indeed, welcome...... looking forward to
    you silverTongue typing....

..as to the rant/part of the thread--- buyer beware..
    know the model you are buying ... and the retailer.

Cursing---words like 'Dell' ........ ugly...un needed...
    'it blows the G away'? ...hahahha...with all due respect..
    you got the first two words right.....

Welcome 380... take no offense.. you are among friends.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7