Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by mzonexy View Post
    For me , same price, in au, I areaday do reseach,
    Found a perfect solution for you to order alienware: buy alienware in powernotebook,they ship from us to everywhere in the world, m17x 2760/8g/750g/580m/ 1865eur including shiping ,M18x? 2760/8g/6990 CF/750G/18.4/ 2164eur including shiping you paid so much forG74sx, like me!!!!
    alienware US, only ships to the US, alienware UK only to UK, alienware Spain only to spain and so on so on.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

IMHO the difference between gtx560m, gtx570m and ATI 6970 is almost the same.
    when you're talking about the 580m or the ati6990 thats another story, and that's another price.

that's why asus gaming laptop is not the ultimate specs machine.. but certainly has an appealing price when comparing with the other brands! my main complaint is the support! And i had a COMPAL before.. and they provide 0 support! but the components were well identified.. but this g74 with the sentellic.. argggghhhhh
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by mzonexy View Post
    I was wondering one thing : why asus is so reserve?they can create a monster ,much better spec laptop,why they did not do it?
    It's the same thing as asking why Dell didn't build the m18x: it doesn't fit in with their marketing. This is not the product line they're in. Asus, likewise, build their reputation on offering laptops that give the best bang for the buck. That's how they're competitive; that's how they make their money. Of course they could build laptops that can compete with the best from Alienware, but would that fit in with their marketing? Would they make money doing it?
    Asus G74SX-DH73-3D, Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM, Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64-bit - 14gb of RAM,
    Clean install on 128gb Crucial M4 SSD + 750gb WD 7200 rpm HDD for storage,
    Blu-ray™ ROM/DVD±RW combo drive, 3 GB (dedicated) NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 560M graphics, driver v. 285.62, 3D Capable.
    BIOS ver 203

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array fostert's Avatar

ASUS has made an understated notebook here not only for hardcore gamers that don't want to break the bank, but for those of us who just want a true desktop replacement with the power of a desktop. I don't game (last game I played fully from start to finish was Doom). I don't need a 580M. I wanted a notebook to carry about the house, to travel with me to work and back, and to travel with me on trips. This laptop had to do what my desktop in my office does (number crunching), and it had to do that in all these places. In effect I wanted a portable desktop for my work. And I'm glad that the G74 does this and didn't cost >>$2000.

Point is this laptop fills a niche in the market not just for gamers, but for anyone who wants the power of their desktop to go with them. Its "reserved" for this reason.
    Last edited by fostert; 12-11-2011 at 05:40 AM.

ROG Member Array

let me ask the tc something, do you know the time line of the 500 series?

what if the 560 came out before the 580?
    did the g74 review models just come out in the spring?
    didnt the 560 revies start coming out about that time?

i couldnt be wrong about my release dates but, why would someone take the time to buy one of these and ***** about it a few months later. sounds to me like someone didt do their home work before they spent their money and now the grass is greener.

maybe i am wrong, no?

ROG Member Array

When I got this laptop,two weeks before .6990m 580, 570, is areaday,I guess I see alot of crazzy guys here, 580m=two 560m perfermence,I do some research at that period of time, but I did not understand about how graphic card is this important, I see the perfermence bech mark, but I don't know what does it means.

ROG Member Array

You can buy alienware in www.powernotebooks.com they are a reseller in US, who order for you in US, They even have more option to upgrade your laptop, they Even, have asus, MSI,sager! After you order from them , dell buit the computer and ship to that reseller, they check it for you, upgrade the thormal base for you, then ship it to you ship from us to everywhere in the world, m17x 2760/8g/750g/580m/ 1865eur including shiping ,M18x? 2760/8g/6990 CF/750G/18.4/ 2164eur including shiping
    Last edited by mzonexy; 12-11-2011 at 07:39 AM.

ROG Member Array

You can buy alienware in www.powernotebooks.com they are a reseller in US, who order for you in US, They even have more option to upgrade your laptop, they Even, have asus, MSI,sager! After you order from them , dell buit the computer and ship to that reseller, they check it for you, upgrade the thormal base for you, then ship it to you ship from us to everywhere in the world, m17x 2760/8g/750g/580m/ 1865eur including shiping ,M18x? 2760/8g/6990 CF/750G/18.4/ 2164eur including shiping

ROG Member Array

I order 18x yesterday here!!!!Much more cheaper and reliable

Your problem is, that the G74 and an equivalent (or better) Alienware laptop are the same price where you live. This is not the case in other countries, where Alienware is usually a great deal more expensive, for similar specs. If a better Alienware laptop is available to you at the same price, you should go with that.
    Hi, I'm Dan.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast