cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like to see ROG improve the Crosshair overlay on the PG278Q

rsutterfield
Level 8
Not sure if this is the proper place but I would like to get a discussion started. I think it sure would be nice to see an updated OSD to include different crosshair designs and possibly the ability to adjust the size of them also. I find mine too large in some instances and would like to see a much thinner lined Plus sign such as this +. Great monitor by the way. I'm using the GTX 980ti on an ASUS Hero VII board with a 4970K w/ 16G of 2400 ram and 4 250g SSD's and of course the PG278Q. Your comments on my suggestion would hopefully get this in front of ROG to at least consider it. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Korth
Level 14
You can "customize" all you want with a crosshair overlay decal (here's one such product), with zero impact on the hardware!

I'm all for your idea, though. It would be nice if a user had a library of crosshair-type images, could download more, customize them with photo tools, etc. "ROG Crosshair" could be a runtime app or it could be a device driver configuration app which can transfer/store user profiles and configurations directly in the device memory/firmware. Second option doesn't seem necessary to me, since most users don't haul their 27" monitor from machine to machine they way they might frequently swap a keyboard or mouse. (And given what I've seen of Asus/ROG, they're apprehensive about releasing information or software which users could use to hack and reconfigure and reverse-engineer their stuff.)
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

rsutterfield
Level 8
I've tried the decal before and truly its just the same as the current overlay. All I was trying to do was get the devs attention to let them know that a relatively small fix would improve the overlay greatly. I think the overlay is good but with additional choices in the crosshair library it could be great.

pr1me
Level 8
The crosshair are awful and you're not the only one who asked for a simple + crosshair.
They just don't care and never listened to the feedback they received regarding this (Those are the same crosshair that are on the VG248QE).

Korth
Level 14
You might try Overwolf (and perhaps also some Crosshair-based mods for it from github). Looks a little involved and bloaty for me, I've never really heard of or seen it before, and it doesn't seem to apply to any games I happen to play - but it does seem fairly popular online.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]