cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable HDD check on boot

Retired
Not applicable
Been checking BIOS each time I start up thinking I missed it. But is there a way to disable the storage device check? I get one to pop up for my SSD and newly acquired HDD. It's only a 10 second wait or so but I'm not a fan of unnecessary things.
10 REPLIES 10

Retired
Not applicable
are you plugged in the intel controller or marvel controller?

Retired
Not applicable
Both. My SSD is in the intel and HDD is in the marvel.

Retired
Not applicable
plug both on the intel controller. you can disable your marvel controller. unless you are running a sata6 hdd?

Retired
Not applicable
Yeah, the HDD is SATA6 and requires the marvel controller.

So simply put, there is no way to disable this storage check? Cause there is one pop up for each drive lasting about 5 seconds each unless I hit a key.

Any chance to have this supported in a new firmware?

Also, it's not controller sensitive, but drive sensitive.

Retired
Not applicable
Weird note. I didn't touch BIOS but the HDD check is gone and the ASUS logo stays on longer? What did you secretly do brian!

Retired
Not applicable
jedi hacking? ahaha yea if youre using the sata6 controller then it has to go through that check. not sure if its bios related and not sure if you can hide it because it will still have that check in the background.

Retired
Not applicable
I'll live with looking at the sexy ROG logo. So I'm a happy camper with what ever happy accident occurred.

Victus,
bypass the wait for storage devices you can go to the storage configuration menu in bios and set HDD Detect time out Delay to 0 seconds.

Retired
Not applicable
2 months later I read this and just made another thread for it. Thanks man, my fault for jumping the gun. Preciate it.