cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JM Speaker sound breaking when volume set over 30%

Filing
Level 7
G751JM

So, the sound is great when the speaker volume is below 30%. Anything above and the sound starts cracking up (specially high range sounds).
I have 6.0.1.7520 drivers installed (from 26/5/2015).

Any solution to this?
3 REPLIES 3

ReeveJ
Level 7
It may be a hardware problem. Given what you describe though, try playing some music at 50% volume and place your finger on the left touchpad key. I know this sounds strange, but there's a resonance frequency issue on the G751 where that key will actually start to vibrate. It really sounds like a crackle or scratching noise from the speakers even though it actually is just the key. There's no fix for this, it's a design problem.

Personally I have my master volume set to 33% with the regular speakers at 50% and the subwoofer at 33%. I haven't noticed the issue in quite some time now, but you should know that I almost always have headphones plugged in.

ReeveJ wrote:
It may be a hardware problem. Given what you describe though, try playing some music at 50% volume and place your finger on the left touchpad key. I know this sounds strange, but there's a resonance frequency issue on the G751 where that key will actually start to vibrate. It really sounds like a crackle or scratching noise from the speakers even though it actually is just the key. There's no fix for this, it's a design problem.

Personally I have my master volume set to 33% with the regular speakers at 50% and the subwoofer at 33%. I haven't noticed the issue in quite some time now, but you should know that I almost always have headphones plugged in.

Sorry for not replying to this earlier.

Finger on the left mouse button and the crackling sound goes away. I later solved this by having a tiny piece of rubber cut out and placed in the crack between the button and case and it serves to remove the crackling sound when I watch media. The rubber absorbs the vibrations.

Such a potentially great laptop, but oh so full of hidden flaws when you really get down to it 😞

cdma2k
Level 7
mine has no such problem with driver version 6.0.1.7469