cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast help needed

Newblood401
Level 7
Ok today i got a new ssd and i already posted one thread but nobody replied sadly. I installed it cloned the operating system to ssd and i cant boot from ssd it only boots from the HDD NO MATTER WHAT i tried everythink i thinked of even searched here on forum and didnt find anything useful except the cd boot which doesnt really help if you could please reply as soon as possible what to do otherwise i will reinstall the windows.....im frustrated already so....pls hurry
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
First thing you could try is removing the HDD temporarily. This would allow you to test boot from the SSD if the clone worked. Perhaps you can't boot from it because your cloning tool didn't make it bootable (not all do).

Next, you would need to change the drive boot order. I don't have your machine but this is usually a separate option from device boot order. So you choose drive vs CD boot order then in a DIFFERENT menu you choose which drive to boot first. So look and see if there's an option you missed.

If all else fails and you confirmed the SSD is bootable you can just wipe the HDD and then it won't be bootable anymore.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

matrixleader
Level 8
How did you clone it? The best tool for cloning is Macrium Reflect Free it creates an exact copy of your source drive to the destination drive. then as xeromist said, remove the HDD temporarily and set the boot device to your SSD