cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Idirect will not connect to Rampage 4 Extreme - strange error

Dahofrin
Level 7
recently purchased a Rampage 4 extreme and have had no luck getting the ROG idirect Iphone / Ipad app (latest) to connect to my brand new Rampage 4 extreme, they only small amount of luck i have had is to get the error "Warning - New Versions Available. Update ASUS Mobilink to 1.00,42 or later from the support site http://support.asus.com , that would be fine but i already have mobilink version V1.01.04 stalled as thats the version that the Motherboad support CD installed, please help
ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme
Intel 3930k @ 4.4ghz
MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti X2 SLI
Noctua D14 Air Cooled
32GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3 and G.skill Ripjaws (mixed with same timings)
Crucial M4 128gb SSD
Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower Case
Antec Trupower 1000W PSU

BF3 Stats
64 REPLIES 64

Dahofrin
Level 7
Bump! Bump!
Intel 3930k @ 4.4ghz
Noctua D14 Air Cooled
Crucial M4 128gb SSD
Antec Trupower 1000W PSU

BF3 Stats

Shamino
not sure whats goin on, im askin around about this...

I have EXACTLY the same problem, i paired my phone and my computer with no problems (i can use any of the bluettoth functions of the phone from the computer), but cant get it to work.

I also have mobilink version V1.01.04, when i try to connect via bluetooth i get the same "unable to connect to the computer" error, and if i try via wifi (even with firewall disabled), i got the same error than Dahofrin, the program prompts me to "Update ASUS Mobilink to 1.00,42 or later from the support site"

Many thanks in advance.

Igb wrote:
I have EXACTLY the same problem, i paired my phone and my computer with no problems (i can use any of the bluettoth functions of the phone from the computer), but cant get it to work.

I also have mobilink version V1.01.04, when i try to connect via bluetooth i get the same "unable to connect to the computer" error, and if i try via wifi (even with firewall disabled), i got the same error than Dahofrin, the program prompts me to "Update ASUS Mobilink to 1.00,42 or later from the support site"

Many thanks in advance.

I found new (and strange) behaviour: If i click the "test" button having bluetooth selected, i get, as i said the error "unable to connect to the computer" BUT, if the phone is connected via usb, and i try to do the same (with bluetooth selected aswell), i get the other error "Update ASUS Mobilink to 1.00,42 or later from the support site"

Will keep trying

well to be honest im glad that im not the only one having this issue ... i have also tried an phone 3GS on ios 4.3.5 and im getting the same error
Intel 3930k @ 4.4ghz
Noctua D14 Air Cooled
Crucial M4 128gb SSD
Antec Trupower 1000W PSU

BF3 Stats

DangerClose
Level 7
Mine didn't work either. Glad I'm not the only one.
*Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 3930K - 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 - 2x Corsair Force GT 120GB SSDs - WD VelociRaptor 600GB Steam drive - 3x 7970 Tri-Fire !! - Corsair AX1200 PSU - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - H100 Cooler - Win7 x64 Ultimate :cool::cool::cool:

Dahofrin
Level 7
Bump! Bump!
Intel 3930k @ 4.4ghz
Noctua D14 Air Cooled
Crucial M4 128gb SSD
Antec Trupower 1000W PSU

BF3 Stats

Shamino
what version of os running on your phone?

Dahofrin
Level 7
I am running IOS 5.01 on my iPhone 4 and I've also tried using an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.3.5
Intel 3930k @ 4.4ghz
Noctua D14 Air Cooled
Crucial M4 128gb SSD
Antec Trupower 1000W PSU

BF3 Stats