Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array abb1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cossie1 View Post
    Working fine via bt and wifi with my iPhone 4s, iOS 5.0.1, with iDirect 1.00.20
    How did you get it to work?? I cannot get it to connect EVEN though the iphone IS connected with bluetooth!! Here is a pic to show that the phone is connected, yet the program cannot connect. Please help!!!!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by abb1 View Post
    How did you get it to work?? I cannot get it to connect EVEN though the iphone IS connected with bluetooth!! Here is a pic to show that the phone is connected, yet the program cannot connect. Please help!!!!
    You need to setup a personal hotspot on your phone (used to be called internet tethering).

Then on your desktop open the bluetooth panel and click connect via AP.
    RIG:
    Asus ROG Rampage IV Extreme X79
    Intel Core i7 3930K Sandy Bridge-E
    Corsair Vengance 1600 DDR3 16GB (4x4GB)
    Gigabyte Nvidia SOC 560Ti
    Corsair HX850
    Corsair H100 Cooler, with 2x Noctua NF-S12B fans added for push / pull
    OCZ Vertex 3 120gb Sata 6GB's SSD
    Hitachi 3TB Sata 6GB's HDD
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
    Corsair Obsidian 800D Case

Currently IBT stable @ 4700mhz , 1.365v

You need to setup a personal hotspot on your phone (used to be called internet tethering).

Then on your desktop open the bluetooth panel and click connect via AP.
    Where is the 'connect via AP?? I have ALL my bluetooth windows open and 'personal Hotspot' is on

ROG Enthusiast Array

Right click on the phone i've circled, and select connect connect using (2nd down from top) and then access point.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos dud1.jpg  

RIG:
    Corsair HX850
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Right click on the phone i've circled, and select connect connect using (2nd down from top) and then access point.
    I have done it, as you can see on my phone that it is connected via AP, and it still cannot connect. Is there anything else I might have missed?

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have done it, as you can see on my phone that it is connected via AP, and it still cannot connect. Is there anything else I might have missed?
    I did reboot my phone after setting up the hotspot, but that shouldn't be mandatory.
    RIG:
    Corsair HX850
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Oh well, I was praying on getting this working! I guess just some things are not meant to be. Thanks anyways for your help

Oh well, I was praying on getting this working! I guess just some things are not meant to be. Thanks anyways for your help
    Did you try WiFi?

Anyway, make sure you have itunes,

make sure you downloaded mobilink from this thread

pair your iPhone with PC and check it is working properly, if not fix this.

turn off iDirect(close it)

go to BT devices RightClick, Connect using -> Access point(you need to Turn on Tethering/Personal hotspot(?) for this to work)

after this you should be connected

run iDirect>Connection... choose Bluetooth

tap it twice
    (click ok for any disturbing msg boxes)

Test

Observe Win7 screen for msg windows from ASUS and SetNetLoc/UAC... Allow all (alttab to be sure, sometimes these go bg under windows and you will not see them on window list)

it should work now, if not patiently click all the error msgs, go to connection and choos BT again then run test, it should by working by now.

if that won't help, RMA your iPhone. ;-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cap.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	6196

The only thing that I have not done was have itunes as i have it on my HTPC computer, not this oine. Also, you do not need itunes anymore as the iphone is synced over icloud. Anyways, I tried installing itunes, had it all set up, and it still does not work. It is clearly connected via bluetooth and to hotspot, however, it says that the program cannot connect. I used the latest download in this thread for mobilink. The only thing that i can think of is that for the hotspot, I always have to type in the password to get connected, however, connecting via bluetooth, it does not ask me for password.
    Last edited by abb1; 02-21-2012 at 11:20 AM.

The only thing that I have not done was have itunes as i have it on my HTPC computer, not this oine. Also, you do not need itunes anymore as the iphone is synced over icloud. Anyways, I tried installing itunes, had it all set up, and it still does not work. It is clearly connected via bluetooth and to hotspot, however, it says that the program cannot connect. I used the latest download in this thread for mobilink. The only thing that i can think of is that for the hotspot, I always have to type in the password to get connected, however, connecting via bluetooth, it does not ask me for password.

iTunes package is not only iTunes app for syncing your iPhone it is a bunch of services, drivers and other crapware.

Personal hotspot and BT are two different things, you need to be paired with pc for iDirect to work, also you have to choose access point and watch your Windows, there will be two message boxes one from Asus software asking if you want to allow connection from :hwid: and the other from Operating System asking to choose Location, choose Home.

After this restart app, try switching to wifi and back to BT(I had to tap twice), and TEST.

Also, I had like 10 messages about being unable to connect but it connected at the end, now it works as expected.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast